"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #61
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart View Post
Glad we're all allowed to have our opinions.
There is a big difference between voicing your opinion and being rude. Please see the first rule in our community policies. Different opinions are welcomed and encouraged. Rudeness is not tolerated.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #62
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
next up is a large frying pan. i'll go non-stick this time, and i'm thinking of a 12 or 14 inch pan. suggestions, anyone? (besides caine. i know, i know, i'm going to check out le gourmet chef... )

Amazon.com: Anolon Advanced 14-Inch Open French Skillet: Kitchen & Dining

Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #63
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
There is a big difference between voicing your opinion and being rude. Please see the first rule in our community policies. Different opinions are welcomed and encouraged. Rudeness is not tolerated.

A couple of years back I remember reading and hearing of a group who objected to the word Hello because of the first four letters.

Billions of people on the earth, three hundred million in the U.S. alone.

Always going to be someone somewhere who will take offense at anything.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve, Sorry.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #64
Senior Cook

my member's mark (tramontina) full clad set has been used extensively with GREAT results.

i'm glad i bought an extra set for my parents... cause now, they've stopped offering those sets at Sam's Club.

also, costco is NOT offering their full clad set anymore either.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #65
Senior Cook

I got the same set at Sam's too black chef. Very happy with it. Excellant quality. You can get the set at Wal mart now, but some of the pots and pans sizes are smaller, more suited to the home cook I think. I keep watching for a couple of the sizes in open stock.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #66
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
BlueCat,
If you are interested in All Clad, check your local Williams Sonoma store/s.
All Clad produces several lines of cookware, one of them -Ltd- is being replaced by Ltd2.
Williams Sonoma has the All Clad Ltd stuff for sale, I saw a Seven pieces Ltd set for $240 from $600 something regular price.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks for the tip, ron. i'll check out analon.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #68
Assistant Cook

I posted in another thread tonight that we recently purchased the Kirkland Signature Tri-Ply stainless clad cookware set (Tramontina) from our local Costco warehouse. I was all set to splurge and replace our Magnalite Pro with the All-Clad stainless line but, after reading some comments on the internet about Tramontina's cookware, went to look at the Costco stuff. I found it to be a better product ergonomically (I prefer the handles on the Kirkland vs. All-Clad). As to whether it cooks any better, I can't say though the local AC dealer offered to let me take a piece home to try out.

We have a ceramic top stove and the Kirkland Tri-Ply doesn't heat as quickly as the Magnalite Pro cookware does and I doubt it holds the heat quite as well but it does a great job searing and seems not to have any significant hot spots based on my few sautes so far.

I wouldn't say that All-Clad is not worth it so much as that Tramontina's Tri-Ply cookware is one of the greatest values I've ever come across in cookware. Kind of how I felt about Magnalite Pro when we bought a set back in the early 90's. For the price of the AC 6 qt saute, you can buy a full set of Tramontina Tri-Ply. My guess is that it cooks the same but the Brazilians are getting our money instead of an American company.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #69
Assistant Cook

Oh, and buckytom, I bought a Try Me piece of Anolon Advanced cookware, their 8" non-stick skillet, at Macy's the other day, and it's wonderful stuff. I would consider it if I wanted new anodized cookware instead of stainless. A $50 pan for $20!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks csg.

i really like the pan that ron mentioned. i want to pick it up and get a feel for it, so the next time i'm in the mall i'm gonna check them out.

i was in a kmart or walmart recently and saw the 14" ss tri-ply tramontina frying pan for about $30. it's really nice, but i want a non-stick interior.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote