"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Senior Cook

All-clad warranty?

Hello,

Does anyone know if all-clad warranty cover cookware sets purchased at ebay?

I'm thinking about buying a all-clad cookware set but I want to know if it's covered by the warranty or not.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Hello, Does anyone know if all-clad warranty cover cookware sets purchased at ebay?

I'm thinking about buying a all-clad cookware set but I want to know if it's covered by the warranty or not.
Ask the supplier before placing an order. If in doubt, contact eBay Admin and seek their advice.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux View Post
Ask the supplier before placing an order. If in doubt, contact eBay Admin and seek their advice.
I agree with Linux on this one. Proceed with caution. Could be counterfeit or refurbished / gray market goods.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Only recently did I discover Le Creuset were being counterfeited! Seems nothing is sacred anymore.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Thanks Everyone!

Does anyone know how to test the cookware to see if it's genuine or fake?

I ask because I went ahead an made a purchase for a 7 piece set stainless steel with the mirror finish from a ebay top seller with a 100% feedback.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Executive Chef

1) it should be magnetic
2) the metal should be 2.5 mm thick and the edge should be smooth (cheap imitations have un-sanded edges etc.)
3) if you paid 50% or more of list price it is probably the real deal. If you paid significantly less than 50% of list price it may well be counterfeit. All clad is marked on it bottom exterior. Its handle shapes are distinctive (also quite smooth)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
Senior Cook

I like to see any pot or pan first, before buying. Hold it in my hand; it's got to feel comfortable and well balanced, the handle gently curved. Importantly, the lid should fit well down. Personally I don't rate cheap pots and pans. They never last.

Good quality doesn't come cheap, but in the long run, is good value. Some of ours have been aroundsince I was born, and still going strong.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
Senior Cook

After doing a search I found a store that have the same set and I payed only $20.00 less than the store price.

I read the seller's reviews of other people that have purchased all-clad sets and they all talk good about the seller.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Senior Cook

I've contacted all-clad and they responded with "Our cookware has a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects even if you purchased on Ebay."

I received my cookware and in each box there's the warranty card, a little paper of who it was inspected by and the all-clad paper on how to care for the pans.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Cook

Congrats! You'll really enjoy them--I use mine everyday on induction & a smooth-top electric stove. They'll polish up nicely with Barkeeper's Friend.