All Clad's handles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Robt said:
I actually like the handles on AC. They dissipate heat better than any other I've used. If you really hate the handle then a bunch of the competitive cookware is as good. ie Viking, Calaphon Stainless or One, even Kirkland.

I don't own them because I prefer the heat dissipation of AC although Calaphon One handles are a close second.

They must have changed them because my son's handles get SO hot and I keep forgetting they are HIS handles (hot!!) and not my handles (coolish, at least). They get SO hot!!

I have no problem with the handles getting hot unless I pull them out of the oven. The shape of the handle is a bit annoying when I am roasting coffee beans which involves tossing the contents every ten or fifteen seconds for nine or ten minutes.

I'm with most of the others. You guys just aren't holding them right.

There are some items where I don't like the handles and they serve no logical purpose (I have an all-clad whisk with that same design, and I don't hold a whisk "that" way...ever), but on the pots, they really are quite nice once you figure out how to grab em.

What I mainly don't like about All-Clad stick handles is the part you hold in your hand is the same size for all of thier cookware.

They take a handle that's barely adiquate for an eight inch skillet, make longer versions and put them on thier 10, 12 & 14 inch skillets.

Same with thier sauce and saute pans.

Back
Top Bottom