All SS Cookware Oven-Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h2oct

Assistant Cook
Are all SS cookware oven-safe? I've never done stovetop to oven cooking before so I'm paranoid. Fearful that I might get a disaster in the oven.

Depends on the handles. If the pan and handles are all SS, you can go into the oven. If not, it depends on the handle material. The literature that came with the pan should tell you. Usually, they are good to at least 350F.

I only consider a pan to be "oven-safe" if it doesn't have any plastic, rubber, or wood in the handle or lid. I only have a few pans that qualify for this, all four cast iron skillets, my two All-Clad pans, and my two Calphalon pans. The All-Clad and Calphalon are all tri-ply SS.

I really want to get the ultimate in stove-top to oven pans, an enamelled cast iron Dutch Oven, but I don't know if I'll have enough left from my taxes to do it.

A Dutch oven is a large pot. It's usually wider than it is tall, with a tightly fitting lid. They range in size from a few quarts to 10 quart capacity.

They are often part of cookware sets. They are also called saucepans or soup pots. They do not have to be made of any particular material to be called dutch ovens.

A stock pot is different in that it is usually taller than it is wide to minimize evaporation during long cooking times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom