"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
Head Chef

By the way, I have given Cuisinart stainless pans as gifts and they are quite heavy and lovely as well.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Sous Chef

All Clad makes a good product you cant go wrong. They are a bit pricey but if you are putting the $ somewhere a fry pan is one place I would do it.

That said I would probably never spend the $$ I have Cuisinart fry pans (2nd hand craigslist) and they are pretty good...(one is multi-clad one has a copper disc) not as fancy as the DeMeyer I formerly had (courtesy of rommate who managed top notch kitchen store) The nice thing abot the demeyer is they just stayed in awesome shape and you couldnt hurt them. The allclad shoud be very durable too. Enjoy it.

Susan... the old revereware is pretty cool stuff I would not get rid of it either!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
Cook

Hi!

I have both LTD and stainless pieces from AC. I like the Stainless best because it's easier to care for.

Good Luck!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Thanks chefs! I am going to research induction heating for my kitchen. I'm new to all of this and really could not tell you what induction is and how to get it. I'm assuming it is a type of stovetop and oven? Sorry for sounding so silly! I will google this and learn. Thanks for the last two replies!! Very helpful! Judy
Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Oh, btw, i'm starting culinary school this spring! I'm switching from nursing to cooking for a living! We'll see how it works out. Anyone done this before?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
The LTD's layer of aluminum is thicker, which should make for better conduction. That said, I haven't heard anyone complaining that the stainless line doesn't distribute the heat well. I have a couple pieces of AC LTD and one copper core saucier, all of which I would recommend, but I don't have any of their stainless to compare.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Ok, that's more great info! Thank you so much. I'm so excited about my new cooking adventures. Lots to learn!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I have a few pieces from the stainless line, they are awesome pans. Jennyema hooked me up with Cookware & More : Selling All Clad Irregulars Since 1984 for some killer deals.

I don't know about the LTD line, but I have some sort of mental issue with the "LTD" designation because I equate it to the nasty Ford LTD wagon we had back in the day.....god, that fake wood paneling was horrible. So now anytime something says "LTD" I'm "OTD".
Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Jeekinz! That was funny! Our family had the same car! Wood panelling and all!! LOL!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

The stainless is dishwasher safe and that is the reason I like it. I've heard that the aluminum in LTD is thicker...but you cannot put it in the dishwasher so that is a downside to me. I use a little BKF on mine each time I use my stainless and drop it in the dishwasher...it comes out as beautiful as the day I bought it. LTD would turn gray on the outside if you put it in the dishwasher...not the end of the world but it will change the appearance over time.