Anodized cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burnt_Toast

Assistant Cook
Hey All
I just had a quick question about anodized cookware. Are there any special preparation you have to make to use it like iron cookware? Or is it good to go like it is? I know it's not non-stick by the way. I trying to get away from non-stick pots.

Oh yeah I was thinking about buying one of those long griddles that go acroos the stove top. Should I get iron or alluminum?

Anodized cookware is ready to go after a quick washing.

I would assume the aluminum is coated while the CI is not. The CI will have to be seasoned. You have to be careful of the coating on the AL.

The AL will react faster to temperature changes than the CI which will hold heat longer.

Hi there,

About the griddle, I'd go with cast iron for that. Actually, I'd go for enameled cast iron to avoid the seasoning issues with the uncoated variety.

The reason I'd go with the cast iron is that it retains heat really well so that the temperature won't drop immediately when you add food to it. Plus, if you're planning on getting a griddle/grill combo, you can get great grill marks from a cast iron grill again because of it's ability to retain heat.

Good luck and have fun!

-Mary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom