"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 03-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Anyone have a "Muffin Top Pan?"

My wife and I were out at Wal-Mart and found a 4 pack of Muffin Top only Corn Bread Muffins.. Both being HUGE fans of the tops of Muffins, we decided to give them a try.. Turns out they are AWESOME..

Anyways, I did a quick search on Google for "Muffin Top Pan", and it turns out you can buy them. I was reading the reviews on Amazon.com and they were at 5 out of 5 stars.. Generally that is a good thing, but I am wondering if anyone here has tried them and how you like them!

Here's one link I found, but I've bid on a couple on eBay:
Muffin Top Pan

If you have tried them, I am very curious what you think!

-Brad

Old 03-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Go to King Arthur Flour and order their catalog.

Before it arrives, ask someone you trust to come to your house and hide ALL your credit cards!

Old 03-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Wow.. Thanks for the link.. Looks like a great catalog!

-Brad
Old 03-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine

Before it arrives, ask someone you trust to come to your house and hide ALL your credit cards!
Ah, Brad, I love the "toys" at King Arthur Flour. I've been doing business with them for almost 15 years and have found them a pleasure to deal with. I have many of their products. I especially like the hamburger bun pans. I have both the large and small ones. There's nothing like homemade hamburger buns to make your taste buds jump up and shout.

I also have the large pain de mie pan and couldn't be more pleased with it. All their bakeware is first quality stuff.

Because I bake ALL our bread, I buy the 1-pound package of SAF yeast from them. I put it in an air-tight glass jar and keep it in the freezer.

Also, my area Kroger stores carry King Arthur Flour. About two years ago I purchased three 5-pound bags of bread flour at the grocery store. I poured the flour into my large Tupperware container. When I opened the container a few days later to make some bread, there were bugs galore in the flour.

I first called Kroger to alert them of the problem. The bugs could've come from the store or they may have already been in the flour. Either way, the rest of the flour on their shelves could have ended up with bugs, too.

I then called the folks at King Arthur and told them what happened and that I had called the store. I was surprised when the King Arthur representative took my name and address because, about a week later, I received three coupons good for three bags of flour.

In another incident, I purchased some plastic bread bags from the catalogue. I didn't begin using the package of bags until about 6 months after I'd received them. As it turned out, about every other bag had a faulty seam in the bottom.

I called King Arthur again. No problem. I was given a 40% credit of the purchase price of the package of bags to my credit card. I was impressed again.

Their staff bakers are almost always available and are wonderfully knowledgeable. I've called several times and have always received a satisfactory answer to my question.

And, oh yes, Caine is right. After seeing all the wonderful things they have, you will have to enter a 12-step program for shopping at their place.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
Head Chef

I have the pans, but I've never made the muffin tops. Not sure how long to cook them.

Anyone?

Lee
Old 03-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
I have never made these, try Googling Muffin Top recipe, I use Google daily - lol Good luck !! Barb L.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
I have the pans, but I've never made the muffin tops. Not sure how long to cook them.

Anyone?

Lee
You might also call the people at King Arthur (800-827-6836) and ask to speak to one of their bakers. I think they're only available during the week.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
Master Chef

I agree with everybody-- the King Arthur Flour company is very agreeable and easy to deal with. A year ago I noticed that their wonderful homemade sandwich bread recipe had increased from 1 tablespoon of sugar to 2 tablespoons and emailed to see if there was some mistake--Nope came back the reply--they changed the recipe to accomodate Americans' increasing love of sugar.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine

Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
Master Chef

Anyone remember the episode of "Seinfeld" about the muffin tops, or rather the problem of disposing of the muffin bottoms?