Anyone use Emeril's cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
where a pan is made affects its cost, and thus the "value" when rated. Those made in CHina cost less than those made in the USA where labor costs are higher. It would be interesting to see where the standard All Clad is made, and where the Emerilware is made. This may not affect the performance at all, but the value rating certainly.

ebyhardwarehoney said:
Stevie...here is a copy of a post you authored in January regarding the Consumer Reports comparison:

"How is it that All-Clad nonstick was not even mentioned and the uncoated was ranked low? Cook's Illustrated test's ranked both they're favorite pans."

I'm not sure what your agenda is but a quick survey of your recent posts do appear to strongly favor All-Clad. Do you work for All-Clad?

Cook's Illustrated is hardly a trustworthy unbiased comparison, since All-Clad pays high dollars to advertise in their magazine. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against All-Clad but your posts do have me wondering....forgive me if my mind is just working overtime here.
I just find it strange that Emerilware rated so high when it is not AC's top of the line, I dont work for All-Clad. And I trust Cook's Illustrated comparison over Consumer Reports.

ebyhardwarehoney said:
Cook's Illustrated is hardly a trustworthy unbiased comparison, since All-Clad pays high dollars to advertise in their magazine.

I'm sorry, but Cooks Illustrated magazine accepts no advertising from anyone. That is why it costs so much for a subscription, and why the quality of the magazine (the paper, ink, cover stock, etc.) is so "chintzy."

jkath, beware of emerilware nonstick.

we have 2 sets, and the nonstick surface on the most often used pans is wearing or has worn off. it wasn't abused or scratched really badly, but the interior surfaces are no longer shiny and nonstick. they're a kinda matte finish now.

i'm going to switch to stainless steel soon, probably all clad, but i'll keep whatever remains of the emerilware set for nonstick. costco has a bialetti nonstick pan that i'm going to buy tomorrow. it's big but fairly lightweight, so i'm not sure how good it will be, but who cares if you ruin a $20 pan.

i'm gonna go hit a few restaurant supply places first before i dump the dough on all clad.

Well, I went shopping and came home with a large assortment of stainless Calphalon. Seems great for me! I've put all the nonstick stuff in the garage, and will be donating it to the local thrift store Tuesday. The only thing I'll miss is my very large skillet - I think it holds about 5 quarts. It's the only pan I have that's large enough to make my pineapple upside down cake that my family loves. But, all the nonstick is going.
But, while I was shopping, I also got a giant stockpot with a colander insert with a smaller steamer that fits on top of that. Basically, you can cook your pasta while steaming your veggies. Kinda cool, I think.
Now, all I need to replace is a griddle.....so I'll be looking into those.

The lids included in the All Clad stainless 10pc sets sold at Marshall Fields, are cheap looking, half the thickness and weight of ones sold at Williams Sonoma.
I spent $30 more at W.S. and got the real thing.

jkath said:
I'm thinking about changing out all of my current cookware. I want to get rid of the teflon I've got, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I see Emeril's pans quite often, and am wondering if anyone has any comments/ideas/suggestions for me. Price isn't an issue, but quality is!:chef:

I do.

I got the Emerilware 10-pc. Stainless Steel Cookware Set. Plus I've just completed adding 13 additional open stock pieces, making it a whopping 24-pc. set!!:chef:

I love it!! It's very heavy, solid, has thick-clad triple-layer bottoms and has excellent cooking qualities! It's the very best cookware set that I've ever owned. It also has a lifetime warranty.:chef:

If the 10-pc. set costs too much for you, there's also a 7-pc. set that you might want to get instead. But stick with the all-stainless steel cookware. I got rid of the old Teflon-coated aluminum cookware set for obvious reasons.:ermm:

~Corey123.

jennyema said:
For only a bit more you can buy the fully clad stuff without the $$ Emeril name.

Same with his Wusthof knives.

I DID price the All-Clad 14-pc. stainless steel cookware set and I found out that it's way too ridiculously expensive - costing a whopping $999!!:ohmy:

The cheaper 9-pc. All-Clad stainless steel set costs $489.99 - still more than the Emerilware. There might be other set cheaper than Emerilware, but they might not have the same quality. Might be flimsily-made.:ermm:

~Corey123.

If you shop around you can find regular All Clad at fairly reasonable prices.

I found the 10 piece set on sale for $599.

If you find a cosmetic second site it's even less.

As it is if you buy it by the piece and not by the set.

No matter how you cut it and no matter if you like Emerilware or not, you are paying a premium for his name. Same with his knives.

You can buy similar cookware for less and better cookware for somewhat more. That's pretty much a fact.

My point is value, not whether or not it's good stuff. I know you like it and that's great. I once bought my sister an Emerilware skillet that was half price and she really likes it.

Last edited:
A lot of people feel that way about Emerilware. Well, I like the set anyway. And it's probably the same with other cookware that bears the sig of a famous celebrity chef.

There are also now cookware & knives endorsed by Rachel Ray who is the host of 30-minute Meals on the Food Network.

And that's usually the case when you buy most anything these days. You're paying for the name - cheap or not. It's the quality of the product that you're mainly after.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
jkath, beware of emerilware nonstick.

we have 2 sets, and the nonstick surface on the most often used pans is wearing or has worn off. it wasn't abused or scratched really badly, but the interior surfaces are no longer shiny and nonstick. they're a kinda matte finish now.

i'm going to switch to stainless steel soon, probably all clad, but i'll keep whatever remains of the emerilware set for nonstick. costco has a bialetti nonstick pan that i'm going to buy tomorrow. it's big but fairly lightweight, so i'm not sure how good it will be, but who cares if you ruin a $20 pan.

i'm gonna go hit a few restaurant supply places first before i dump the dough on all clad.

I have a set of Emerilware nonstick. It's 4 years old and still looks and cooks as good as ever. There is no damage to the nonstick surface on any of the pans, and I absolutely love the way things cook in it. That said, I also have a 10" Kitchenaid stainless saute pan that was given free with my KA food processor, and I like that one a lot too. I use it when I need to really preheat it.

jkath, I ran thru this thread quickly, but I can tell you that the E-ware HH got me for Christmas a couple of years ago is still doing fine. I also have some Calphalon SS that I like for frying, etc. so it depends on what you want it to do.

I think the message is clear. You get what you pay for.

Buy quality once or buy crap forever!

Last edited:
in a strange way, that sounds like marriage. :)

just an update, i found out what may have been causing my problems with emerilware non-stick.
dw has been putting them in the dishwasher. :( not all of the time, but she said she did it a few times when she was rushed.

like most non-stick cookware, it is not dishwasher safe.

buckytom said:
...like most non-stick cookware, it is not dishwasher safe.

HUH? I've been putting my cheapo (Three for $20) non-stick skillets in the dishwasher for at least 5 years with no ill effects that I'm aware of.

Andy M. said:
HUH? I've been putting my cheapo (Three for $20) non-stick skillets in the dishwasher for at least 5 years with no ill effects that I'm aware of.

Well, virtually all good non-stick I've ever looked at strongly recommended hand washing. The harsh dishwasher detergents are not really good for the non-stick surface.

When I pay for the good stuff, I want it to last as long as possible.... :chef:

Back
Top Bottom