Anyone use Emeril's cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I'm thinking about changing out all of my current cookware. I want to get rid of the teflon I've got, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I see Emeril's pans quite often, and am wondering if anyone has any comments/ideas/suggestions for me. Price isn't an issue, but quality is!:chef:

jkath:

I'm not familiar with Emerilware but there have been several threads on the stuff. You might get a lot of info from a search.

If price isn't an issue, and you want stainless, I'd recommend All-Clad. In general, I prefer tri-ply stainless to disk bottom stainless, especially if you have a gas stove. With smaller pans and skillets, the gas flame can extend beyond the edge of the disk and cause burning where it hits the thin stainless sides of the pan. That wouldn't be as much if a problem with an electric stove.

Good luck and have fun shopping for your new pans.

Thanks, Andy -
I hadn't seen oldhat's thread till after I posted mine - a plethora of info there! So, all-clad, eh?
I've never had a "set" of pans - just purchased when needed. (that's what happens when you elope instead of registering for a wedding!)
I figure after 15 years, it's time to do it right!

I see in Consumer Reports that Emerilware is rated very high, 3rd place. KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials was in 1st place. Emerilware and KitchenAid were the only brands they rated Excellent at cooking evenly, all the others were Very good.

KitchenAid has the best price, you might look at those too.

all those you mention being rated are disc bottom. tri ply is solid all the way up the sides too and cook more evenly. All clad is top top quality and not much really competes with it except perhaps calphalon one and solid copper. And of course all can command a premium price , but comparative shopping will find you some bargains out there.

If thin sided disc bottoms work for you...emeril ware or jamie oliver are good.

Robo410 said:
all those you mention being rated are disc bottom.

No they're not, you might look at the Consumer Reports article to see the model of pans that were tested. It looks like half of the pans were full ply and the other half were disc bottom.

Last edited:
I was just going to say that I looked up the KitchenAid set and it's tri-ply up the sides and it didn't say anything about a disc bottom.

BC

BlueCat said:
I was just going to say that I looked up the KitchenAid set and it's tri-ply up the sides and it didn't say anything about a disc bottom.

BC

That's correct. There are several others as well, All-Clad is certainly not disc bottom, etc.

I sometimes see KitchenAid pieces at my local TJ Maxx, and have wondered about getting them. I guess I should try them. I need a large skillet, and All Clad is just too expensive for my taste.

BC

ebyhardwarehoney said:
No they're not, you might look at the Consumer Reports article to see the model of pans that were tested. It looks like half of the pans were full ply and the other half were disc bottom.
I personally dont think much of that Consumer Reports Comparison. Emerilware is made by All-Clad, it's cheaper in price yet they didn't even include the AC in the comparison. Cook's Illustrated rated AC's SS and nonstick #1. Maybe Consumer Reports considered AC's price was too high and left it out, I dont know.

As I think I have mentioned earlier, I'm strongly considering the E-ware. Knowing it is made by All-Clad, I saw what I consider to be another testimony for All-Clad. I saw a closeup on Iron Chef, America and they use All-Clad on that show.

Stevie said:
I personally dont think much of that Consumer Reports Comparison. Emerilware is made by All-Clad, it's cheaper in price yet they didn't even include the AC in the comparison.

Huh? I'm holding the article in front of me right now, or rather, it's laying next to the computer while I type:brows: , and they not only rated All-Clad, but they included 2 different models of All-Clad in their ratings.

Look again. I'm talking about the uncoated ratings section.

my bad, I didn't check out the article
and yes much of the kitchen aid is solid built. I don't like their colors with "plastic handles" and stick free coating, but they do make a fine heavy duty set with stainless interior and hard anodized exterior, great handles and lids.

I thought I'd share the info in the uncoated section:

1. KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless
2. Calphalon Contemporary
3. Emerilware Stainless(turns molten and unsafe if forgotten on a burner)
4. Magnalite Classic
5. Member's Mark Sam's Club Tri-ply clad
6. J.A. Henckels Classic Clad
7.T-Fal Jamie Oliver Pro
8.All Clad Master Chef 2
9.Cuisinart Chef's Classic
10.All Clad Copper Core 6000
11.Wolfgang Puck Bistro Collection
12.Farberware Millennium Soft Touch
13.Scanpan Fusion 5
14.Daniel Boulud Kitchen Generation Clad
15.Revere Copper Cuisine
16.Viking Professional Starter Set

Quick Picks from the article were:

Best value in nonstick: Kirkland Signature (Costco)
Best value in uncoated: Member's Mark (Sam's Club)
Best value in combo sets: Simply Calphalon
Best for induction method cooking: KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials
Best value on a tight budget: Bialetti non-stick, very lightweight though

Last edited:
BigDog said:
As I think I have mentioned earlier, I'm strongly considering the E-ware. Knowing it is made by All-Clad, I saw what I consider to be another testimony for All-Clad. I saw a closeup on Iron Chef, America and they use All-Clad on that show.

All-Clad GIVES tons of their cookware to FoodTV for use on various programs to get visibility Comparable products are about 1/3 the price, so every time you buy an All-Clad product, it's like buying one for you, one for Tyler Florence, and one for "The Chairman."

You have helped me so much! I'm printing this out and am on my way to start comparison shopping. Again, I really appreciate your time and efforts to help me! Kudos to you all!

Back
Top Bottom