Bagel Slicer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alpha202ej

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I am looking for a bagel slicer that can cut bagels into quarter slices. I've tried googling it but I havent found any solution yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any bagel slicer that can do that?

Thanks!

I do not know of any that would make it easier than using a knife. A knife is the easiest tool to use to cut a bagel and you probably already have one in your kitchen. The bagel slicer I have seen have never been easier than a sharp knife.

I'm with GB on this one. A good sharp knife will solve most cutting or slicing problems in the kitchen. Most of gadgets I have tried are more bother than help.

We have tons of different bagel slicers here at work but I refuse to use any of them over a knife.

I think I wasnt clear on what I was saying. I not looking for a bagel slicer with a blade, I was thinking of something more along the lines of a bagel holder that has slots where you can use a knife to cut the bagel.

Thanks!

Oh...you can buy a contraption that is made to slice bread. A wooden base with slotted sides for the knife and one end closed. Four slices of bread might = one bagel in thickness. Oops, I just had a thought (red letter day!)...if you are slicing a lot of bagels into thin (1/4) slices, try one of these...they come from eBay cheap and thrift stores even cheaper. In fact, I have one of the Rival all metal slicers. Great for meat, cheese, and...BAGELS!

img_707848_0_49c74df3f04b668caa18fea66cd2249e.jpg
img_707848_1_9e4afbbfd19adb7bcdf7899eb2662c22.jpg

img_707848_2_fa1bcfd3a0deaa7496c7ba642bdf6992.jpg

Gadzooks_

OK, I was in a thrift store today and saw a little wooden bagel holder that would enable the user to cut a single bagel into four slices. If you pm me to let me know you want it, I will check tomorrow and buy it if it's still there. Then you can pm me and send an address. It was 99 cents+ tax. I would want postage, too.

Back
Top Bottom