"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Rusel - Actually you gave me an idea. Lay ou parchment on the counter and drop your ciikies on that then, I could use my peel to transfer them to my fibrament stone. - Stone baked cookies. Could be cool. They should cook more evenly.

AC

Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
Head Chef

I like to use heavy gauge half size commercial sheet pans. And of course line or grease it.

The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #13
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorie View Post
Does anyone else have this problem? My Baker's Secret cookie sheets work great for the first few bakes but then it loses it's non-stick and I have to cover it with foil and grease for nothing to stick.
Yep I just realized this with my Bakers Secret muffin pan last night. I sprayed it with a dusting of Pam and I had to dig my muffins out (although it did not help that the apricot preserves that I filled the middles of the muffins with spread out in a couple of the muffins. Those had to be torn out of the pan!)

-Katie
Old 12-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
Cook

I use aluminum pans with silpats. The silpat doesn't inhibit browning, and there is a larger initial investment, but if you bake as often as I do, it pays for itself in the savings of using parchment paper. Also, you don't have to mess with parchment paper rolling up. I hate that.

The only place these don't excel is baking bread. The bottom never crisps enough unless I use parchment paper or pull the bread off the silpat at my first chance.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Head Chef

I use these

Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I use these

Me, too! I have 4 of them, 2 of which I've been using for over 20 years. I also have Silpats and parchment paper that fit in these sheet pans that I use for delicate cookies or really messy stuff that burns on easily but most of the time, I just use them as is. I can't tell you how many of these I have given to newlyweds or young people just setting up a household. They are indispensable IMHO.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #17
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
Rusel - Actually you gave me an idea. Lay ou parchment on the counter and drop your ciikies on that then, I could use my peel to transfer them to my fibrament stone. - Stone baked cookies. Could be cool. They should cook more evenly.

AC
Now you're talkin!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolady View Post
I like to use heavy gauge half size commercial sheet pans. And of course line or grease it.
Me too, but I got some exopat silicon sheets that fit. DW is a cookie bakin' machine, with these!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #19
Senior Cook

I was considering using Silpats for my cookie baking, but I find I work much faster when I can slide the cookies en masse onto a wire rack, load my second parchment of cookies onto the sheet, and resume baking.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to oatmealkookie1
I started out with the nonstick cookie sheets and then was given Stone Cookie sheets from Pamper chef ... I make alot of cookies and have never been happier with the stone cookie sheet results ...