Best of the new type non-stick cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kujiraya

Assistant Cook
I'm thinking of getting the new type of non-stick cookware which is PFOA-free and PTFE-free. Which brand do you think is the best? Some brands saturating the TV in Australia at the moment include: Flavourstone, Free N Ezi and StoneDine.

Have not heard of the brands. I did miss the International Housewares Show this year so they may be new introductions. My favorite nonstick (also PFOA and PTFE free) is the diamond coated Woll Diamond's Plus and Diamond's Best (Best is heavier than Plus and targeted to the serious or professional cook). They have a much longer service life than most other nonstick options.

Not sure where they can be found in Australia however.

This may or may not be what you're looking for (and if you're not exactly on a budget) but I have been using a set made by Nutri-Stahl, it's stainless steel, however, it works perfectly for just about anything, and I have never once had anything stick in it... Baked a cake in one of the pots on the stove top not using oil, or any kind of fat (in place of fat/oil I used cabbage, carrot, and apple)... Popped right out, no problem. They are a bit on the pricey side though, coming in at about I want to say somewhere between like $1,500 and $3,500... Sorry for the inaccurate price and big gap, it's been a while. Haha

This may or may not be what you're looking for (and if you're not exactly on a budget) but I have been using a set made by Nutri-Stahl, it's stainless steel, however, it works perfectly for just about anything, and I have never once had anything stick in it... Baked a cake in one of the pots on the stove top not using oil, or any kind of fat (in place of fat/oil I used cabbage, carrot, and apple)... Popped right out, no problem. They are a bit on the pricey side though, coming in at about I want to say somewhere between like $1,500 and $3,500... Sorry for the inaccurate price and big gap, it's been a while. Haha

I hope that is a price for a whole set!? We bought one Danspan 12", deep side skillet with lid for $300.00. Oven safe, non-stick with lifetime warranty.

I hope that is a price for a whole set!? We bought one Danspan 12", deep side skillet with lid for $300.00. Oven safe, non-stick with lifetime warranty.

I wanna say that is what it was for the set.. I have two sets that are basically the same, the Nutri-Stahl set, and another set made by Salad Master. For the Nutri-Stahl set, that was price for the whole set. (32 piece), the Salad Master set runs about $300-$1,000 or so per pan. The price cap on that is like $5,000 for a whole set, I don't remember how many pieces you get for that price, I have the oil skillet (which is basically like your typical electric griddle, but instead of a heating element that snakes its way around the pan, where the heating element is, it is filled with oil for even heat distribution-- so no hot-spots (paid $900 for that one) I only have a select few of the Salad Master pans)

$1000 per piece for nonstick cookware is the very definition of "INSANITY"

That is true.. But, how many people can say that they bake a (moist) cake on their stove top in 15 minutes, using a box of cake mix, a quarter head of cabbage, 3 carrots and an apple? ;) That is part of the reason I only have 3... They have deals like if you buy one get a piece (within x value) free, or buy two get piece x free and so on.

But the really nice thing about both sets is that the handles are removable, so you don't have to worry about them getting in the way, it's also great if you have kids that run around your kitchen, take the handle off so they have nothing to potentially grab on to and bring the pan full of terrible liquid pouring down onto their head, and to put it in the oven just pop off the handle, and they all use the same handle, so you can use just one when you need to move the pots and pans around on the stove if you like.

Last edited:
To be honest, I've never heard about these brands.

Kujiraya, If your condition is PFOA-free and PTFE-free, why don't considering for safer material, instead. The 'new technology' of green cookware costs more than 2 times of traditional nonstick pans (unless you'll get trashy pans that died within 6 six months like me!)

There're many safer alternative materials. (See this dangers-of-cookware-safe-alternatives and this What-is-the-Safest-(Non-Toxic)-Cookware for clearer info.) :)

However, if you want to try, I recommend these brands: Woll, Scanpan and Zwilling. These pans are worth the money.:yum:

I agree with Dandalian with a preference for Woll Diamonds Best and Diamonds Plus (lighter weight). These also have a removable handle option. Prices are reasonable given the 10 year warranty also.

Free n Ezi Pans.

I bought my free n ezi pans off the hyome shopping channel and I absolutely love it.No more cooking with fat and everything I cook doesn't stick.And the best thing is the cleaning.I just rinse mine with water and wipe.Easy as.So if any one out there is hummimg and harring to whether to purchase them I recommend u do.:D

regrets being bearer of bad news, however Woll non-stick diamond and titanium cookware uses PTFE aka Teflon.

the titanium line is not made of titanium. it's a cast aluminum pan. titanium is sputtered on the interior surface before the PTFE is applied.

best in non stick

regrets being bearer of bad news, however Woll non-stick diamond and titanium cookware uses PTFE aka Teflon.

the titanium line is not made of titanium. it's a cast aluminum pan. titanium is sputtered on the interior surface before the PTFE is applied.

on what you base these information ?
the same applies to those
scanpan ctx titanium pans; or scaledowncookware ,?
or/and those sapphire coated cookware ?:chef:

on what do I base that statement?

I wrote them an email. here is letter for letter their complete reply:

from info@wollusa.com - July, 2013

/quote
Hi, Woll cookware uses the tradition PTFE in our diamond and titanium reinforced nonstick cooking surfaces. Please call us if you have any questions or need more information......Regards......Woll USA/973-515-3500 /unquote

Back
Top Bottom