Best type of pan for baked chicken wings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used both ways and baking sheet to me works better, takes less time as they seem to cook them fastest and crisp up, the roasting pan seemed to take longer and they didnt crisp up as well as the baking sheet ones.

RPCookin said:
It's a pretty heavy weight one bought at Sam's Club called Bakers and Chefs. Made in USA if that matters to you. Best sheet pans I've ever owned.

Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate hearing about which brands of cookware work best for people because it lessens the likelihood of returns!

Half sheet pans are everywhere and fairly standard in construction. The cheapest source is a restaurant supply store. You should be able to get one for $5 to $7.

Andy M. said:
Half sheet pans are everywhere and fairly standard in construction. The cheapest source is a restaurant supply store. You should be able to get one for $5 to $7.

Thanks Andy. Is a half sheet pan the same as a cookie sheet? I've been using a cookie sheet from Bed Bath made by USA Pan.

Half sheet pans are 13" x 18" with a 1" side. A full sheet pan is twice the size @ 18" x 26" - too big for most home ovens. a quarter sheet pan is 13" x9", a handy size to have around. They are plain aluminum and made by dozens of different companies. You can get wire racks to fit in them.

Restaurant supply is the way to go for this generic item.

Andy M. said:
Half sheet pans are 13" x 18" with a 1" side. A full sheet pan is twice the size @ 18" x 26" - too big for most home ovens. a quarter sheet pan is 13" x9", a handy size to have around. They are plain aluminum and made by dozens of different companies. You can get wire racks to fit in them.

Restaurant supply is the way to go for this generic item.

Thanks Andy. Do you know of any good online restaurant supply stores?

Thanks Andy. Do you know of any good online restaurant supply stores?

Not really. Stay away from the Webstaurantstore.com. I bought something from then that was defective and they haven't responded to my complaint.

You can easily get them through Amazon.com.

Andy M. said:
Not really. Stay away from the Webstaurantstore.com. I bought something from then that was defective and they haven't responded to my complaint.

You can easily get them through Amazon.com.

Thanks so much, Andy!

Back
Top Bottom