Best way to clean a griddle pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's coated cast iron so you don't have to be concerned about removing any seasoning. Put water in the pan and simmer for a few minutes to soften the residue. Then use a scrub sponge and Barkeepers Friend to get into the grooves.

I didn't realize it was coated CI.
Dishwasher???? Hmm....I reckon we got two of them here at Casa de Hoot....Me and Mrs Hoot. :LOL:

Last edited:
I have a 5 quart porcelain coated cast iron (think Le Creuset without the outrageous price) Dutch oven that I put into the dishwasher occasionally. Never hurt anything but it is kind of heavy, so it's difficult to slide the rack in and out.

BTW, if you're going to use Barkeeper's Friend and a scrub sponge, make sure you get the blue scrub sponges. The green ones will scratch.

Last edited:
Scrubby

For anything that really sticks, I use one of those red plastic mesh bags that onions come in for a scrubby. It will take off the food without digging into the finish that builds up on cast iron. Also, microfiber cloths are good for this for the same reason. Mostly I just need a sponge and hot water. Next step up is the mocrofiber cloth and for anything that is really stuck, the red mesh bag scrubby.

Stock Pot said:
For anything that really sticks, I use one of those red plastic mesh bags that onions come in for a scrubby. It will take off the food without digging into the finish that builds up on cast iron. Also, microfiber cloths are good for this for the same reason. Mostly I just need a sponge and hot water. Next step up is the mocrofiber cloth and for anything that is really stuck, the red mesh bag scrubby.

+1

I love the mesh onion/shallot bags for scrubbies.

Back
Top Bottom