Bialetti, frying pans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Does anybody have/use them? Was watching one of the the chef's Fabio cooking videos. That is what he uses frying. Looks awesome. But everything looks awesome on TV, but rarely works at home.

I have seen them in the discount stores (Ross, TJ Maxx) but have not gone so far as to buy one, yet. There was a purple enameled one that was screaming my name and I did manage to ignore it for about 24 hours, when I went back it was mercifully gone.

I have a set (8", 10", 12") of Bialetti non-stick, enameled aluminum skillets. They work well and have lasted a very long time for me (I don't use them every day). I paid $25 for the set at Costco.

I have no experience with other types of Bialetti cookware.

i have the same set as andy. i bought it as part of the expense of catering a party at work. i was coming in under budget (surprisingly) so i picked up a set at costco because it was so cheap, er, inexpensive and i needed an extra pan to help get things done quicker. i think i got it for $15 on sale.

it is very light weight stuff which makes it feel like junk, but the aluminum is relatively sturdy. i've seen cheap pans that i could fold in half with my bare hands, but this is fairly strong. but again, lightweight.
the non-stick interior surface is average. it works well, but scratches just like most other non-stick.

When did you get it from Costco? Was it a special deal? Or holidays? I've looked on line, but they do not have it.

Last edited:
When did you get it from Costco? Was it a special deal? Or holidays? I've looked on line, but they do not have it.

Costco online is different from the store. They do not have all the same things. Also, different stores carry different things.

I have seen them in the discount stores (Ross, TJ Maxx) but have not gone so far as to buy one, yet. There was a purple enameled one that was screaming my name and I did manage to ignore it for about 24 hours, when I went back it was mercifully gone.
I knew you wanted it, so I had the mothership pick it up and bring it to me...kidding. I would have lasted 8 hours...if it's purple, it has my name on it...I keep wondering if I can "exchange" my 30-yr. old blue Le Creuset pans for the purple ones...

I knew you wanted it, so I had the mothership pick it up and bring it to me...kidding. I would have lasted 8 hours...if it's purple, it has my name on it...I keep wondering if I can "exchange" my 30-yr. old blue Le Creuset pans for the purple ones...

You know...I haven't missed a single day without wearing the shiny purple shoes...Shrek said I can't have the purple Le Creuset'

I bought one with a bamboo handle which was excellent, but never saw another. The one drawback was that you couldn't put it in a dishwasher. Great pan but eventually wore out and went to the great frying pan place in the sky

I have the pasta pot and it's incredible, but not the red pans he uses on Chow Ciao. Full disclosure, I love Fabio like some of you love purple.

Back
Top Bottom