Bought new cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought the 8 piece. I learned from a video that Tenspeed posted about pressure cookers that this set is higher quality that the set that didn't arrive. It's because the base on these is the same diameter as the sides of the pot. The set that didn't arrive had a smaller base and outward slanting sides. Big money is in the base. Having the same diameter base and sides makes for more equal heating.

I'm having it shipped (free) rather than picking it up. I despise going to Walmart.

Thanks, Andy.

Actually, the set you just ordered is better than the first one. The pans on the first set had a try-ply base. This new set you ordered is try-ply throughout the body of the pan (not the lid or handle). Much better for even heat distribution.

Thank you for your advice, Andy. It arrived today. I was gone all day to a dairy goat show so FedEx kindly delivered it to my most favorite neighbor who signed for it. She called me while I was at the show and told me that she's leave in on her back porch for me.

It is lovely. It has good weight. Not sure when I will use it because tomorrow I'll be trying out the new pressure cooker, and I have a fridge and freezer full of left overs and only eat once a day.

I have a question...I read somewhere that this should be seasoned before use. Only one page of literature came with it and it didn't say anything about seasoning. Should I season it and how?

Some people claim seasoning is needed. I think it's unnecessary. If your set doesn't recommend it, don't bother.

I never seasoned my SS Cuisinart set either, and it continues to serve me well after many years.

What set did you end up getting? That Tramonico set is a great deal. They're like $400 at Target.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom