Brand new Calphalon SS cookware not completely flat on the bottom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianabell

Assistant Cook
I bought a new set of Calphalon Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware yesterday and just got it out today. I read that ceramic stove tops need cookware with a flat bottom and that this was fine for a ceramic stove top. I cleaned it all up and then remembered to do the ruler test, putting the straight edge of a ruler across the bottom. I read if you can see light, it won't work. Well guess what, I can see light.

Out of 7 pots and pans, only 2 are completely flat. The other 5 have a gap of about 1/16 of an inch across most of the bottom.

Needless to say, for a $399 set of cookware, I'm disappointed. These were not sold as seconds. Is this the way Calphalon has always been or is the quality going down?

I don't have your type of cooktop, but take a copy of the information about the "flatness" of the cookware with you to the store where you purchased the cookware. Ask to open other packages and measure until you are happy and exchange as necessary. Otherwise, return all your cookware and start again.

Just my idea since that's not an issue in my house. Someone else may have a better idea or a better handle on your cooktop.

1/16 for a pot is pretty good. You'll be just fine. I could almosr guarantee, and if not call Calphalon now and ask them what's the deal is.

Thanks CharlieD. It's reassuring that I could get by with it just fine. I'm going to call Calphalon and see what they say. I might try the Tramontina. It seems like a very affordable alternative for something that is better.

I don't think tramotina is better than calpalon. I do have both. Don't forget that over the time pretty much any pot will warp some what.

Do you have the Tramontina Tri-Ply or the other stainless steel cookware they make?

Thanks for writing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom