"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to SueBear
Bundt pan and spring pan sizes

Seasons Greetings!

I hope that everyone is doing well during this festive time of the year. I have a question and it has to do with the size of bakeware. What I'm curious about is on an average, what do recipes use? For example, with bundt pans do they mainly use 6 inch pans and spring pans are they mainly using 8-inch or 9-inch?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to determine what is best to get at this current time. I'm looking at some options for purchasing new bakeware but don't want to buy different sizes because I don't have a lot of room in my cabinets so if there are particular sizes that are used for recipes I would prefer to stay with them. I though this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks everyone!

Sue

Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Hi Sue. I use springform pans in 9" and 10" sizes. 9" for cake and 10" for cheesecake. It really depends on the recipes you use.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Hospitality Queen

I make a lot of bundt cakes, and generally all my recipes make enough for a 10-cup pan, which is around 12" across, with the hole in the center. I think most basic bundt pans hold about that much. I also swear by my lighter-weight aluminum pans - they're so easy to clean and I can always count on the cake being baked just right.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Hi Sue. I use springform pans in 9" and 10" sizes. 9" for cake and 10" for cheesecake. It really depends on the recipes you use.
That's what I was thinking too and I'm figuring on staying with the 9 inch size as it's an average for home baking.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sue
Old 12-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath View Post
I make a lot of bundt cakes, and generally all my recipes make enough for a 10-cup pan, which is around 12" across, with the hole in the center. I think most basic bundt pans hold about that much. I also swear by my lighter-weight aluminum pans - they're so easy to clean and I can always count on the cake being baked just right.
I appreciate the feedback. I came across a few that were fairly reasonable price during my research. Thanks for the help!