Can Descoware be professionally re-enameled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovesabaker

Assistant Cook
I have inherited several big Descoware pieces I'd love to have re-enameled. They have chips, cracks, stains, and worn (thin) spots in the bottoms. Most chips are in the top edges. Can anyone please recommend what to do? I would like to have them professionally done. They are that flame-orange/red color. The inside is white, and it is the white that badly needs to be refurbished. I love them. I use them. I would like to pass them on to my children. I posted this in another forum, and I'm hoping someone sees this and answers my question!

Sorry it took me a day to have the time track this down for you ... I'm in the middle of moving and thought I would do something productive while I took a break .... you might check out the Institute of Vitreous Enamellers website ... they have links to professionals who can do this. There might be other websites - but this one looked like it answered your question.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. They say they re-enamel "cookers," but they mean chipped Aga-type appliances, enameled old stoves, big jobs. Also, they are all in England or South Africa. I appreciate your help, Michael. I am going to find someone in this country, or reluctantly just keep the old pots the way they are. I sure wish Le Creuset had a service that could do this. I am going to call their customer service line and see what they say about refurbishing my old enameled cast iron (they own Descoware, and no longer make it except under Le Creuset, and some of theirs is actually ceramic, not iron, but with the same paint job in glaze...). Thanks again.

Just a long shot, but I might check those companies that re enamel old bath tubs. If their product will stand the heat, and is non toxic, it just might workm

lovesabaker,

Attached is a link with enameling sources identified by the Porcelan Enamel Institute in GA, USA. Perhaps among them you can find a refinisher for your Descoware pans.
Sources Listed Alphabetically - Porcelain Enamel Institute

Note that Le Creuset owns not only Descoware but Cousances, perhaps thru some of them you can find a source to refinish, Cousances is still sold in Europe.

Bonne chance!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom