Cast iron enamel, deal Aldi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
Just wanted to let anyone in the US that has an Aldi nearby, they have a one time deal on cast iron enamel coated cookware right now, They have a 5 qt braiser, 5-6 qt dutch ovens for $29.99. They also have other pieces like a frying pan and a 9x13 baking dish starting at $19.99.

I bought the 5 qt braiser, I have been looking to buy a stainless steel everyday pan for some of my one skillet meals, but couldn't pass up this price. It seems really well made, and the pots have metal knobs on the top.

Just thought that I would share this deal. In my experience these go fast, I've seen them bring them in around Christmas before.

I got enameled cookware on special from a grocery store once. NEVER again. It is horrible to clean if you every burn something. Just sayin'.

This is cast iron coated with enamel, like the expensive stuff from Le Creuset, I already have one piece, a 7 at dutch oven that I got on clearance at Target and really like it, have been using it for years. This is a great price for this type of cookware.

Here it is unboxed.

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

I have an app on my phone and saw that they would be having these starting today, I was so excited, that I stopped right after work. I'm such a nerd!

I think that is a great deal, Bakechef! Thanks for scoping it out! We have an Aldi's here, and I would snap those up in a heartbeat if I didn't have an SS set already.

I have a great stainless set too, but just not a pot like this. Can you ever have too much good cookware? :LOL:

bakechef said:
I have a great stainless set too, but just not a pot like this. Can you ever have too much good cookware? :LOL:

I need a bigger kitchen...

I think that is a great deal, Bakechef! Thanks for scoping it out! We have an Aldi's here, and I would snap those up in a heartbeat if I didn't have an SS set already.

I have both a stainless steel set (Lagostina) and a bunch of enamelled, cast iron (Copco, it's Danish). Slightly different uses, but a lot of overlap. I'm glad to have both kinds. I have one mystery brand, small, enamelled CI frying pan and it is the hardest to clean.

Earlier this year, my local grocery stocked enameled cast iron Dutch ovens, about six or seven quart for $20. No name. I bought one, and I can't tell enough difference to matter from things like Target's Cookmate at more than twice the price, and I see no performance difference between it and very expensive branded stuff. I braise in it, which is, I think, about as good a way to burn residue onto it as there is, and it always cleans up fine.

I just picked up the Dutch Oven from Aldi, figured it could tide me over until I can get a Staub or LC. Thanks for the tip. They were also selling Christmas decorations so I picked up a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for 6.99. Looks awesome on my coffee table :cool:

I just picked up the Dutch Oven from Aldi, figured it could tide me over until I can get a Staub or LC. Thanks for the tip. They were also selling Christmas decorations so I picked up a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for 6.99. Looks awesome on my coffee table :cool:

You have to put a pic of your CB tree in the Holiday Decorations Thread!!!

JoshuaNY said:

I saw that tree too and almost bought one. I have always loved Charlie brown, didn't realize that I'd end up looking like him......

Back
Top Bottom