Ceramic skillet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corning has made them forever. I have never used one, and always assumed the ceramic material was more of an insulator than a heat conductor, but Corning has bunches of scientists and engineers who probably I am sure know a lot better than I do. They look nice. Very moderne.

Last edited:
No, ceramics can conduct heat depending on what kind.

What I want to know is what happens when you drop them on your kitchen tile floor.

A similar brand of "nanoceramic" coated pan drew heavy user complaints of the extremely thin coating wearing quickly. China product.

No one knows anything much about the effects of exposures to nano technologies. They are potentially very dangerous, because the particle sizes may confound immune systems and pass biological barriers. But no one yet knows. It would seem to be premature to choose it in order to avoid another hazard.

The same thing that would happen if you dropped your Corningware or your Pyrex onto your kitchen tile floor, I assume.
I've had that happen a few times. It certainly dampens enthusiasm for glassware when one explodes all over the floor and leaves dangerous pieces all around. I still have some such cookware but not really intending to replace any.

After all the other talk about Pyrex, now you've made me remember my old Pyrex Visions waffle bottom frying pan. Didn't drop it and break it. I don't think I've ever dropped a pan in my life. Must have just gotten rid of it at some point, probably to Goodwill. It wasn't my favorite pan of all time. Funny that I haven't thought about it in something like 30 years.

!B076i!QCGk~$(KGrHqMOKi0E)UMo!rgjBMcbLeLoBg~~_3.JPG

My mom had a couple of Corningware electric skillets. They can be a real pain to clean, and like others said breakable.

I love my Corningware casserole dishes and my pyrex bowls and baking pans. I have a hard time resisting the cornflower blue pattern of the Corningware and have far more of them than I need. I shattered a lid once, but I haven't broken any of the casserole dishes or the pie pans or the other pieces I have of it. I find them easy to clean, I use denture cleaner to remove any stains. I hated the Vision pans--my mom had a couple of those.

After all the other talk about Pyrex, now you've made me remember my old Pyrex Visions waffle bottom frying pan. Didn't drop it and break it. I don't think I've ever dropped a pan in my life. Must have just gotten rid of it at some point, probably to Goodwill. It wasn't my favorite pan of all time. Funny that I haven't thought about it in something like 30 years.

!B076i!QCGk~$(KGrHqMOKi0E)UMo!rgjBMcbLeLoBg~~_3.JPG
I had a pan like that years ago and I hated it. Everything stuck to it no matter how much oil/moisture you had. I gave mine to Goodwill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom