Convex cooking pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr good news

Assistant Cook
Hi guys
Today i bought a nice looking cheap cooking pan.
I was proud of my purchase until i poured oil to cook my chicken.
The oil did not stayed in the middle, instead it went to the corner. To my surprise it wasn't flat or concave pan.
Since I cannot return this utensil. How am I suppose to cook in this pot. and What is the use of this kind of pot?

thanks

First off, welcome to DC.

Someone with more experience and knowledge than me will come along soon with an answer to your problem. On that I promise. :angel:

if the bottom isn't flat, that is, bulging up in the middle, you can try to press the bulge down but I doubt it will stay.

Rather than putting oil in the pan, coat the meat in oil before adding it to the pan.

Burgers, hot dogs, sausages, or if it has a cover, fried rice, stir fries, etc. can be cooked in that pan. It would be good for making single, large pancakes as well. You can make stews and soups in it as well, again, if it has a lid. If it doesn't have a lid, there are lids that can be purchased to fit most pans.

That pan would be great for liver and onions, country fried steak,sausage gravy, salisbury steak. I can think of so many things that can be cooked in it. Preferably, it should be flat. But it's still useful.

Another thing it might be great for is cooking french omelets, where you swirl the egg as it's cooking, to make an even coating on the cooking surface, with just a little butter spread over the pan before the egg is added. Scrambled eggs would also be easy in that pan. And you could fry bacon in it too.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

same problem with me..
o.png

Back
Top Bottom