"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

I've also used an Airbake pan that had the bend on one end as well.

The airbake did bake differently because of the double layer of metal with the air pocket between them. The airbake would allow you to overcook the items without excessive browning or burning. You could produce a beautifully browned cookie that was hard as a rock if you weren't careful There is a learning curve with these.

I use that airbake pan plus I have a jellyroll pan that I also use for cookies. I never had a learning curve with them and have never had cookies turn hard as rocks, but I do watch my cookies very closely. My daughter-in-law asked me why my cookies never get dark on the bottom, so when they moved into the new house I bought her the airbake pans I have. My 5 year old grandson loves to bake cookies with mommy and he is happy that the cookies turn out like grandma's.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #32
Assistant Cook

Currently baking cookies on aluminium: medium heavy uncoated one that just slides inside the Bosch oven or heavy hard anodized trays from Mermaid. It really comes down to the result you are after: for just golden on the edges, like sable biscuits, a thinner sheet are better. For uniform baking, like gingerbreads, nothing beats heavy. Good luck with your choice. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MCSA091962_284742-backblech_def.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	20990   Click image for larger version

Name:	nn.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	20991  

Tags
baking, cook, cookie