Cookware Deals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I just got back from Wal-Mart and saw a couple of things worth mentioning.

There is a 12" Tramontina skillet made of tr-ply stainless steel for $40. I have a smaller Tramontina tri-ply skillet and it performs very well. This is a very good deal.

They also have a two pan set (8" + 10") of non-stick aluminum skillets for $20. Note: there is also a Paula Deen set of two for $35.

They also have several larger stock pots for very reasonable prices - under $50. There are some stainless steel with disk bottoms and some anodized aluminum. I have a 12-quart Tramontina stock pot I got from Wal-Mart a few years ago that does a great job.

That's a nice looking pot.

My local Costco has a 13 piece set of tri-ply stainless steel cookware for $200!!

It feels sturdy and has a nice thick aluminum layer between the SS layers.

I'd buy it for myself if I needed cookware. As a matter of fact, I bought a similar set - 10 pieces for $150 about 8-9 years ago. I still use it daily and it's as good as new. I notice no difference between that stuff and All-Clad (which I also own).

My local Costco has a 13 piece set of tri-ply stainless steel cookware for $200!!

It feels sturdy and has a nice thick aluminum layer between the SS layers.

I'd buy it for myself if I needed cookware. As a matter of fact, I bought a similar set - 10 pieces for $150 about 8-9 years ago. I still use it daily and it's as good as new. I notice no difference between that stuff and All-Clad (which I also own).

I am looking at that set. Am thinking of getting one for myself and one for each of my kids.

Carol

<My local Costco has a 13 piece set of tri-ply stainless steel cookware for $200!!>

Forgot to ask, do you know who makes this for Costco?

Carol

<My local Costco has a 13 piece set of tri-ply stainless steel cookware for $200!!>

Forgot to ask, do you know who makes this for Costco?

Carol

I do not know who made it. If you examine the pieces, you can see they are sturdy and well made. I believe they are a good product from my inspection and experience.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the product will know.

I am looking to get a nice set for my daughter for Christmas, maybe my son and daughter in law too.

After looking at this tri ply set from Costco, I may pick up one for myself also. I have an old Revereware copper bottom set now. It's probably about 25 years old. I like it, but would like to try a heavy tri ply set. They seem to get good reviews. My husband also wants to get a hanging rack and hang the pans on it.

Carol

Well, I called Costco Customer Service and they said they can't tell me who makes their tri-ply 13 piece set. (against their rules I guess). I also called Tramontina, cause I read that in the past, they made cookware for Costco. But they said they don't make this set for them.

Carol

You know I looked at some of those cookware sets at costco and they never seemed to be a complete set with good assortment of sause pots or pans and the frying pans seemed on the small side for my taste and they do not offer the lifetime warrany like they use to as they have changed there company policy on this :( So I just kept looking.

Doug

You know I looked at some of those cookware sets at costco and they never seemed to be a complete set with good assortment of sause pots or pans and the frying pans seemed on the small side for my taste and they do not offer the lifetime warrany like they use to as they have changed there company policy on this :( So I just kept looking.

Doug

Funny, I thought just the opposite, that the set offered a nice assortment of useful sizes. I don't think I can post links yet, but if you go to Costco's site in Canada (dot ca instead of dot com) it is the 13 piece tri ply. In Canada it sells for $299, here it is $199. Not sure on the warranty, but I do know that Costco stands behind their stuff. The set includes: 11 inch covered everyday pan (looks like a casserole type pan), 3 qt covered saucepan with steamer insert, 8.5 and 10 in fry pans, 1.5 qt saucepan, 8 qt stockpot and 4 qt covered saute pan.

My daughter has an old set of T-Fal. Probably 11 or 12 years old. Really in bad shape. She needs a complete set. I am thinking of getting this for her for Christmas. Am also thinking of getting it for myself.

Hey I found a awesome set on line :D I'll let you know what I think once they come in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom