Cookware for Ceramic Smoothtop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)Just checked my manual actually it doesn't scratch but could leave permanent aluminum marks.It says also to clean metal marks from aluminum or copper pans before heating cook top again or they may not come off. The manual also says to remove sugar spills and soils from jellies and candy syrups as soon as possible as it can cause pitting on the glass.Dont know about anyone else but I read my manuals and keep them all together in a large drawer whether its a large appliance or an alarm clock I can find the manual.

That makes more sense. I did not know heat would set the marks. That's interesting.

I also read and keep manuals handy.

:)Just checked my manual actually it doesn't scratch but could leave permanent aluminum marks.It says also to clean metal marks from aluminum or copper pans before heating cook top again or they may not come off. The manual also says to remove sugar spills and soils from jellies and candy syrups as soon as possible as it can cause pitting on the glass.Dont know about anyone else but I read my manuals and keep them all together in a large drawer whether its a large appliance or an alarm clock I can find the manual.
I have a big box with a good lid that I keep all my manuals in, too. I have to go thru it once or twice a year and throw away the ones to stuff that's gone or has died, but I can always put my hands on the manual I need. Of course, in a house full of guys, I'm the only one who ever reads them.:)

My stove, at this point is at leat 12 years old and I like it very much.

I have one maybe 1 inch scratch from what I don't know ... and a very small black patch from burnt on habarnero jelly.

And then I went and put my food processor bowl onto a hot element last week :ohmy::blush: :mad:. I have that pretty much scraped up now though.

I use everything on it, though I'm going to be careful about thin aluminum -- thanks for the tip!

I've now had the stove for about a month. I like it, but it is high maintenance! If I would have known how much care it requires, I probably would not have purchased it. It's a lot of work and I've banned my teenage daughters from using it. The Weiman's cleaner is very good. I always make sure it is clean before I use it. Unfortunately, I don't think my girls would check. Tonight, I had some small burnt spots on the stove and I left a wet dishcloth on top of them. I got them cleaned up later. Whew!!!

Sorry your stove isn't turning out to be all you've hoped for, CA. I always hate it when that happens because unless your last name is Getty, you'll probably have that stove for a while! Did you at least get your new set of cookware?

Mine is a white glass top. I use all kinds of pots and pans on it. You just have to be careful about sliding pans across it. The cleaner I use for mine, is available at Loews or Home Depot. they sell it in the appliance dept. Works very well.

I use Barkeepers Friend on mine and that works really well. I only use the special cooktop stuff maybe once every other month.

IMO I'd have to say that my smoothtop is incredibly low maintainence compared to all the other ones I have had without sealed elements.

That Greased Lightning spray is amazing. I use it on my gas stove. Burnt stuff comes right up without hardly any soaking. I bet it would be real good on glass tops.

Back
Top Bottom