Cookware HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cervantes3773

Assistant Cook
My fiancee and I registered for the Calphalon Unison cookware (non-stick) at BB&B. It seemed to be the best fit for us, given our price range and our needs. We plan on getting the 10 piece set plus a few extra pieces here and there. In a perfect world, we'd have a mix of stainless and non-stick, but that's not in the cards right now.

However, at her shower, she received a Cuisinart Advantage 15 piece set from some family members and we're unsure what to do. It appears to be of a lot lower quality than the Calphalon set. It's a lot lighter, for one, and not oven safe.

We did some research and found some reviews, but I couldn't find anything too conclusive differentiating the two sets. Is it worth braving any uncomfortableness with the family to get the cookware we want or are the sets so similar that we may as well keep the Cuisinart?

Thanks!

if the cuisinart is disc bottom rather than clad/triply construction, your calphalon is much better cookware, and more versatile. (other folks here may well have different opinions. there is no one oracular view)

They both appear to be non-stick aluminum cookware. One is anodized on the outside and the other is enameled.

Go for the one you want. Exchange the other or trade it in towards the set you want.

It's your wedding. Get what you want. That's why you register in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom