Cool Second Hand Shop Score

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Found this little one quart, cast iron pot and lid at a second hand shop today. Four bucks! Scrubbing it up now and getting ready to season it in the oven.

Attachments

• DSC00625.jpg
    DSC00625.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Are you going to season it inside and outside, or just the inside? I do both but I'm not sure I'm supposed to.

Now I wish I'd have gone to a rummage sale or two this week-end instead of working around the house.

CW-Value Village Kanata

Blissfull, I coated the whole thing, lid and all, inside and out. Put it on the upper rack at 450 for an hour. I may do it again before I use it.

Andy. I agree. It was a bit grey with irregular discolourations on it. I don't think it was ever used much and hadn't been used for a long time. Here it is after the first seasoning session..It looks like CI now, I think.

Attachments

• DSC00636.jpg
    DSC00636.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
CW-Value Village Kanata

Blissfull, I coated the whole thing, lid and all, inside and out. Put it on the upper rack at 450 for an hour. I may do it again before I use it.

Andy. I agree. It was a bit grey with irregular discolourations on it. I don't think it was ever used much and hadn't been used for a long time. Here it is after the first seasoning session..It looks like CI now, I think.
That's almost in my neighbourhood...whereabouts is it?

Good score! It is possible, with patience, a good eye and not too much money to furnish an entire kitchen very nicely from thrift stores, and often the older goods are of much higher quality than new things.

Good score! It is possible, with patience, a good eye and not too much money to furnish an entire kitchen very nicely from thrift stores, and often the older goods are of much higher quality than new things.
+1 I have tons of stuff from thrift stores, auctions, yard sales.

Back
Top Bottom