Creme Brulee in shot glasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chfcarolyn

Assistant Cook
I am trying to find out if Shot glasses or glass votive holders will stand up to an hour in a 300 degree oven. I am wanting to serve small individual creme brulees. Has anyone tried this?

I've never tried it but you could fill a shot glass with water, put it into a pan of water and pop it in the oven to see what happens.

I would expect the shot glass to survive the ordeal.

What about really small sized glass test tubes. They are often designed to withstand high heat (think high school chem class and bunsen burners). The only thing with them would be finding a way to keep them upright in the oven and upon serving.

Something I've tried is baking individual desserts in heat resistant china tea cups (it's soooo cute).

Hello chfcarolyn you shouldn't have to much of a problem with the shot glasses I have used them before for creme brulee on a degestation menu & they worked perfectly the only problem that I had was when I tried to caramelise the top with my blow tourch 1 ended up cracking so you may have to be careful there but other than that they should work fine just make sure you cook them in a water bath. & make sure your glasses aren't crystal.

chfcarolyn: when you do make these, would you mind posting a photo? They sound absolutely darling! I know we'd all love to see them!

Back
Top Bottom