Cuisinart Cookware - Copper sandwiched in the base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
French Cuisinart Is the Best

:chef::chef:
The original Chisinart cookware, that was made in France, when Sontheimer still owned the company, has a copper sandwich on the bottom that covers the whole bottom. I'm guessing this is what you are talking about -- the old Cuisinart cookware. Cuisinart has gone through a couple of different owners since Sontheimer sold the company, and the cookware is now made in Sri Lanka, I believe... The quality, altho good, is NOT the same as that wonderful old stuff.

In the early 90's many stores were clearing out the remainders of the original Cuisinart cookware, and if you picked some of that up, you have some great stuff. I have the 5 1/2 quart deep sauté and the Great Griddle, both of which I wouldn't trade for all the AllClad in the world!

Andy, your daughter is a lucky girl that you decided to part with yours. I wouldn't be that generous! :LOL:

June,
I was pleased to see your comment. I HAVE a set of this stuff---from the late eighties. I absolutely love it. I'm always checking garage and tag sales for more of it. Anyone have any suggestions on unearthing some? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom