De Buyer Mineral Steel Fry Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geeeeze, I bit too! I couldn't resist the handle :rolleyes:. I got the 9.5 inches, and that should cut down on the weight some. I sure could have used it tonight for the two Fillet Mignon's for dinner. It would have been perfect!

Steve, what did you do with all the potato from the skins you needed to season the pan? ;)

Last edited:
I realized we actually have a De Buyer pan, my little crepe pan. I love that little thing. I've made crepes and quesadillas in it, as well as several other things that were amenable to cooking in a pan with basically no sides.

Steve, what did you do with all the potato from the skins you needed to season the pan? ;)
No potato skins here, Kayelle!

I did all my seasoning in the oven and through daily use. I can easily fry an omelet in it without any sticking at all, and clean up involves nothing more than wiping it out with a paper towel.

The one thing I do recommend is that once you get your pan to the point where you feel it's well seasoned, then set it over low heat on the stove and give it one last "scrub" with salt and a little olive oil. The salt scrub will help smooth out the surface and remove any residual oil buildup. It won't be exactly like a mirror surface, but it will end up pretty darn smooth.

Last edited:
We got ours in the mail, and we're super excited. I know the size (9.5 inch) will be perfect for the two of us, and the weight is manageable at 3.25 lbs.
Call us crazy, but until we start cooking with it, we love the beauty of such a beautiful skillet.

:chef:We did four loin lamb chops in the new skillet last night. They fit the pan perfectly and did a beautiful job of browning them perfectly. What an absolute honey of a skillet!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom