"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

it was all that lobster for dinner, addie.

actually, 5'7" is still pretty small, unless they're wide as a doorway.

i racked my brain for something i want, and it took me a while. there's really not much more i can want out of life except good health for my family, especially my parents. in that, i realize just how blessed i am.

but then i remembered i'd really like a meat grinder so i can make my own hamburger and sausage, and an outrigger and fishfinder for my canoe.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Well my mum got me Modern Warfare 3 for Christmas early. My grandma has bought me my favourite Coco Chanel perfume. And my dad and his gf got me a Berghaus winter jacket as a joint Christmas/Birthday present. My birthday is the 1st Jan so imagine how stressed my parents were this time of year back when I was younger! Hitting 20 this year...
For my birthday I think my mum is looking at getting me a kitten, also as a well done for getting back to work present. Just hope I get the time to spend with her. And my grandma is buying me a new knife and electric whisk.

And in return, I make them loads of my ever popular cheesecake! My grandma's been asking for some of my recipes lately and I showed her how I make my tomato soup. It was appreciated :)

Old 12-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

do they celebrate christmas earlier in england, kez? lol.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
it was all that lobster for dinner, addie.

actually, 5'7" is still pretty small, unless they're wide as a doorway.

But then i remembered i'd really like a meat grinder so i can make my own hamburger and sausage, and an outrigger and fishfinder for my canoe.
I have the grinder for my KA mixer. Use it all the time. This way I know what I am getting for ground meat. I also have the pasta maker. I got my mixer at an auction. It is the KA Classic and paid only $60 for it. It was brand new and still in the box with the KA tape on the top. Then I went and bought the two attachments for only $25.00 each. I hated the bowl that came with it. No handle. So I bought one with. Another $25.00 Then for this past Mother's Day, my youngest son got me the new Anniversary glass bowl. That was $60.00. I saw the prototype a few years back and fell in love with it. At first you couldn't buy the bowl separately. So I waited and sure enough it came down in price and was sold separately. I also got the swiper blade. You never have to stop and scrape down the bowl. That mixer is the workhorse for my kitchen.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
do they celebrate christmas earlier in england, kez? lol.
Haha they must do ;)
Na mum got me the game on release day as she knew how much I was after it and didn't see a point in waiting apparently.
The jacket was really needed as I didn't have a winter coat and it's really getting cold here.
I don't have the perfume yet, so that will be a Christmas day present haha!

We don't really do Christmas so much. This year I'll be spending the day with my mum and her husband. I'll be cooking some sort of non-traditional Christmas dinner and we'll probably watch some movies or something .
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to Rasputin
Everything <3