Death of the pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I've had that pot for some 14-15 years. Considering that it was one of those grocery store $10 bucks or so pot, I am surprised it lasted that long, okay so I did not use it first couple of years I got it. I had the whole bunch of them. It was one of those deals in the store when you spend certain amount on grocery you get a pot (or whatever it might be for very low price). Anyway, all of the other pots have died long ago, but this was a real good fighter, it lasted and lasted and lasted. Until the other day, I was making black currants preserve and forgot to steer and the stuff got stock on the bottom. By the time, I finished cleaning the non-stick coat started to peel of. Now I need to find new pot. I doubt I will be able to find another $10 bucks pot, but I need to look.
Anyway, this brings me to the point of this post; does anybody know where I can get inexpensive but good non-stick 5 quart pot?

We were at Macy's this afternoon and saw a really nice Calphalon One Nonstick 5-quart saucier with a very heavy stainless steel steamer insert for $99.99. Regular price is $200. Still not cheap, but it will last a long, long time, and the nonstick works very well. It's a great size for all kinds of things, from soups and stews to black current preserves.

You can buy it on line if you don't have a Macy's near you. Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/ro24s

Thanks, but it's way too much for what i would use this pot for. I have ton of other pots and pot this big would only get used ones in a while, so even though Caphalon is great product (I have few of their pieces) it would be over kill for me. No, I'm looking for something really inexpensive but not a junk like T-Fall. I wish out grocery store had the same deal going now.

If the pot costed $10 14-15 years ago, you may want to take the rising of costs over the years into consideration and the same value probably means a little more than that... I would look for $15-20 range...

I bought one of the best pots I ever had at a rummage sale for $2. Have you thought about checking the week-end rummage sales in the paper?

Try Overstock.com-----they have some really great prices and usually no shipping and handling-----do a great deal of my Christmas and birthday shopping there. They even sell cars!!! Also, never had any problems.

Bizrate.com is another site that will give you the best prices of all the sites including Amazon.com as well as rating the seller.

PS--when is the funeral?

Michael in FtW said:
My pick out of the bunch based on materials, price and your intended purpose would have to be the Bravetti by Nick Stellino 6 Quart Covered Stockpot which is on sale (a smidge over 50% off) for $15.34 - plus $5.95 S&H.

Michael, thank you. ordered last night, pot is on it's way. i think you really nailed it. There is no way to find anything at that price nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom