Deep Dish pizza pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I would love to try to make a deep dish pizza. Has anyone every purchased a pan for deep dish pizza? If so, any recommondations? Thank you!

I should add, do I need a deep dish pan or can I use a 9" round cake pan and get a similar crust?

Last edited:
Me, too, Shunka!

This is the recipe that my friend sent me to try and it's out of this world!

Lee

Dylan’s Deep Dish Pizza

Ingredients:

Pizza dough
Pizza sauce
Italian sausage, 3 links
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Lightly grease a 12 or 14 inch cast iron pan.

Pat out pizza dough to fit the bottom of the pan.

The first thing you put in is the cheese. I use Kraft Mozzarella
slices. I shingle them into the bottom of the crust till it is entirely covered.

Next is the sausage. I take the out of the casings, and form a ball. Flatten it by placing it between two pieces of wax paper and using the pan to press down on it. Peel off the wax paper and place it in the pan, on top of the cheese. Use your fingers to press the sausage to the edges of the pan.

Then you top with sauce. I just use a can of San Marzano tomatoes that I crush with my hand emulsifier.

Now you can add other layers as you like. Once I did a layer of roasted red peppers (from a jar). A layer of mushrooms
would be good (I’d sautee them first to get the moisture out so it wouldn’t make the pizza soggy)

Carmelized onions would be a good layer.

See each ingredient is its own layer, don’t mix.

Top the pizza with parmesan cheese and sprinkle with oregeano and basil and thyme - just a pinch.

I also put some garlic powder and thyme in my bread when I mix it. About a teaspoon of each.

Bake the pizza in the oven for 35 minutes at 400°

Thanks everyone...sadly I don't own a cast iron skillet...looks like I'll have to add that to my list!

I have the exact deep dish Pizza Uno recipe and it makes it just as good and wonderful as Pizza Uno. If anyone would like it I could post it or prolly you can find it anywhere on the net. I like to have this once in a while, difference types of pizza keeps the pizza different and new. Different crust, different toppings. Also this pizza uno dough is much much easier to work with it is a cross between a pie dough and a bread dough in my opinion.
I have deep dish pizza pans, and the other plain round ones, some times I use a cookie sheet, some times I use the retangle pampered chef baking dish with the low sides------I don't make as much pizza as I use to when the kids were young and both at home. But I have good memories. Also ranch dressing with chopped garlic makes a nice topping for a white pizza with lots of basil and fresh tomatoes and some times I even put that fake crab on it, my kids like that.......cast iron does work well, too, some times I use my mexian skillet for pizza...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom