Do you wash your cookie sheets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had silpat stuff once upon a time. It also has to be washed and it's not cheap.

I wash my cookie sheets constantly, because I use them for a lot more than baking cookies. In fact, I quit baking cookies years ago when I realized that only maybe 2 out of every 5 cookies made it to the cookie jar.

This afternoon I baked 2 pounds of bacon on two of my cookie sheets. I drained off the bacon squeezings and they're now soaking in preparation for a good scrubbing. I usually wash them by hand but sometimes put them in the dishwasher if they're dirty and I've got close to a full load. Right now the dishwasher is empty, so they get hand scrubbed.

Last edited:
...This afternoon I baked 2 pounds of bacon on two of my cookie sheets. I drained off the bacon squeezings and they're now soaking in preparation for a good scrubbing...

I do bacon in half sheet pans two pounds at a time also. But I never squeezed them. :(

I use parchment paper on mine and still wash them when I'm done baking cookies.

I have ones that are just for baking cookies, pastry, etc. and ones are are for all other thing (fries, chicken, etc).

I have Wilton cookie sheets that are non stick, they rinse off or only take a minimum of pressure to loosen food. They're great and take very little maintenance.

I'm trying out my brand new cookie sheets today.

I will start with gluten-free peanut butter, and then snickerdoodles and malted milk chocolate chip!

I'll be using parchment, but anyone that wants some can wash my cookie sheets after! :rolleyes:

I do bacon in half sheet pans two pounds at a time also. But I never squeezed them. :(

You really should. The juice is highly coveted by famous chefs, such as Emeril LaGasbag. I keep a bowl right next to the stove, just in case I absolutely, positively have to fry something.

You really should. The juice is highly coveted by famous chefs, such as Emeril LaGasbag. I keep a bowl right next to the stove, just in case I absolutely, positively have to fry something.
I don't squeeze the bacon but as soon as it comes out of the oven (so it doesn't soak up the fat again) I transfer it to double layered paper towels stacking layers on top of each other. Then I pour the melted fat which has been left on the parchment paper into an old mason jar and keep it in the fridge.

This is what my Mom did and the fat was used for many things - I know these days bacon fat is not considered the healthiest, but there are some things that just taste better when fried in it. Mom didn't tray 2 pounds at a time, but even frying it in a CI pan filled that jar up regularly.:)

I save bacon fat when I remember. I have a quart in the fridge. I breaded some small mushrooms caps (Italian style breading with grated romano and parm in the crumbs) and fried them in bacon fat. OMG I thought they were good but hub didn't like them. More for me!! :angel:

img_1077459_0_a4e119a78cba093ba89972431aa0eac5.jpg

img_1077459_1_88cd406e7de76c2008e6a16560ddb48e.jpg

Last edited:
I save bacon fat when I remember. I have a quart in the fridge. I breaded some small mushrooms caps (Italian style breading with grated romano and parm in the crumbs) and fried them in bacon fat. OMG I thought they were good but hub didn't like them. More for me!! :angel:

Umm.. YUM. :yum:

Just made a batch of bagels using parchment paper. I will wash the pans to get the marks in the shape of bagels the parchment left in the pan.

Back
Top Bottom