Does any one know where to find this Salad Bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I was in a restaurant in Atlanta, and was serves salad in this bowl.
It was white, ceramic, round, but as you can see in he pic, the back of the bowl was higher than the front .

The bowl was probably a good 8 - 10 inches in diameter.

If anyone knows where I can get this, or something similar to it, it would be great .

Thanks,

Larry

Attachments

• Salad bowl.jpg
    Salad bowl.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 271
Do what I do. Ask the restaurant manager. Or, you might have gotten some information about the manufacturer by looking at the bottom of the bowl or the rest of the dishware if everything looked as though it matched. Restaurant supply houses are a great place to find nice serving pieces, etc.

Larry, I'm just curious why to want this bowl? Maybe you just like the shape, or does it have some purpose?

As strange as this may sound, there was something about eating salad out of a bowl shaped like this, that seemed ' Right '. I was able to push certain things towards the back of the bowl without it dumping on the table. Was easier to mix the dressing. Im not excactly sure :LOL: , it just ergonomically worked for me and the way I eat my salad :)

Im also a little strange. I eat 99% of my meals out of a bowl with a spoon ( soup spoon. Occasionally Ill break down and use a fork ( like with spaghetti), and i never use a knife.

As strange as this may sound, there was something about eating salad out of a bowl shaped like this, that seemed ' Right '. I was able to push certain things towards the back of the bowl without it dumping on the table. Was easier to mix the dressing. Im not excactly sure :LOL: , it just ergonomically worked for me and the way I eat my salad :)

Im also a little strange. I eat 99% of my meals out of a bowl with a spoon ( soup spoon. Occasionally Ill break down and use a fork ( like with spaghetti), and i never use a knife.

OK, now I get it Larry. I was thinking it was a serving bowl rather than an eating bowl.
I have a couple of big eating size bowls that are shaped like big ruffled clam shells and I love making beautifully presented sea food salads in them. The salads even seem to taste better in them. :yum:

img_1404138_0_c032ec9c02ea49996d7de12a2682e3b1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see where you can bank parts of the salad against the back so you can dig in and bring the bed to the surface.

Exactly!

I had never eaten out of a bowl like this. I must have looked like a kid playing with his food. It was a business dinner, none the less, so I'm sure there were a few stares too! But who cares, I was in all my glory.

OK, now I get it Larry. I was thinking it was a serving bowl rather than an eating bowl.
I have a couple of big eating size bowls that are shaped like big ruffled clam shells and I love making beautifully pre
sented sea food salads in them. The salads even seem to taste better in them. :yum:

img_1404146_0_c032ec9c02ea49996d7de12a2682e3b1.jpg

I love those bowls!!!!

And your counter!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom