Does anyone know what type spoon this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpoonCuriosity

Assistant Cook
I use this spoon a lot as I find it very versatile (main use is creating perfect icing carvings in cupcakes, sounds silly but it gets the job done really well), but problem is I only have one and want to order more as it's generated some interest in my circle of friends. If anyone knows the name or category of this type of teaspoon please let me know.

http://imgur.com/HZM0uJW

Thank you.

Last edited:
Not sure of the size since you didn't provide a reference in the photo. However, it looks like a scoop to me. The open front end suggests a scooping function.

I agree with Andy - it looks like a scoop. Could be used for coffee or sugar - all kinds of things. And including a quarter, for example, in the photo would provide scale, so we could tell how big the spoon is.

It looks to be a utility type spoon. The numbers on the handle seem interesting. It is small? Is that the edge of a sink beside it? Demi-tasse size? Almost looks like a measuring scoop or for skimming.

there is an antique silver place not too far from you, Belleville if I remember correctly. He identified some silverware for me. I realize this is not silverware but perhaps he can help you.
Try sending him an email... I can't remember his web site.

info@silverpattern.com

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom