Does anyone know where I can find these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gingerlaurie

Assistant Cook
At a local restaurant, they make a fabulous "Chicken Skillet" on a flat, handled cast iron pan.

Diameter is approximately 8-10", and they load the seasoned iron with fresh chicken breast chunks and veggies that have been tossed in an herbed garlic butter. Pop it into the oven, and it grills itself. It is served to you nested on a wicker/bamboo plate, still sizzling.

Can I FIND these pans? NOOOOOO. Does the restaurant know where I can get them? NOOOOO.

Am I getting frustrated? YESSSSS.:LOL:

Would love love LOVE it if anyone knew where I could order such a thing so I could create this masterpiece at home!

I think you are talking about a fajita pan - check out these

Check out your larger kitchen stores - Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens N' Things - even Penney's/Sears may have them - and there's always the Internet.

Well, holy Hannah.

One post, and all of my dreams have come true! :eek:D

Tell me....why is it that no one knew the correct name for these seemingly easy to find pans...including myself? Time to broaden the horizons, apparently. LOL.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Finally - my life has meaning! :LOL:;)

Do you eat much Mexican food? When they come out of the kitchen with one all sizzling, hissing, and steaming and spreading that wonderful smell all around the restuarant, it would have caught your attention!

It's not a Mexican restaurant, that's probably why I didn't put it together! And although I love Mexican food, I'm far from an authentic Mexican restaurant, unfortunately!

That doesn't mean I don't make *THE* best chicken fajitas on the planet, however.;)

LOL...nope, Jeekinz....nearest one is about 2.5 hours away!

See? THAT is why I creatively cook so much....my options for decent food are miniscule!

And...to my horror....same distance to get Greek. Now THAT is a tragedy.:angry:

It's not a Mexican restaurant, that's probably why I didn't put it together! And although I love Mexican food, I'm far from an authentic Mexican restaurant, unfortunately!

That doesn't mean I don't make *THE* best chicken fajitas on the planet, however.;)

Well NOW your chicken fajitas will be better because you can serve them sizzling hot in their very own fajita skillet!

Jeekinz - :LOL: and I'm sure she wasn't connecting the phrase "great food" to Chili's :rolleyes:

Oh, now STOP, you two!!! :angry:

My poor credit card is going to be GASPING for breath!! I want the meat rack now AND the mini pans. My LORD what I could do with those....:devilish:

I SO knew joining this site was going to be expensive. LOL!

LOL! Kitchenelf, I *do* believe you were the one who PROVIDED the meat rack link. Yep. :-p

And GB...now you're startin'! YES, not having Greek IS a tragedy....though I'm not sure how Shakespeare or any other talented composer would feel the same!

But seriously. How can one LIVE without a fabulous, flaming Saganaki?!!

I am such a tortured soul.....:cry:

OK, OK. Jeekinz' fault...and since he's absent and cannot defend himself, we will hereby deem him responsible! :devilish:

(And I'm hoping he has MORE of those lovely links in the future...mind you, he may also have to provide HIS credit card!)

you can get them round or oval at kitchen supply stores or restaurant supply stores. Lodge makes em as do some other companies.

If it's 8-12 inches in diameter, round, has shallow sides and has a handle - it's called a round griddle or a griddle pan. Most that I have seen don't come with a trivet for table service - but a few do. Emeril has one that has a little taller sides that he calls a Quesadilla pan (but no trivet). And, Lodge makes what they call a round serving griddle (griddle without a handle) - and they have an optional trivet you can buy for it that would probably work with any other similar sized round griddle pan. Heck - you can get an el-cheapo round cuttting board that will work just as well.

If you want ovel, with a side about an inch high, and a trivet - these were common in steakhouses before the fajita craze. Depending on the manufacturer - these are called sizzle/sizzling/sizzler pans/plates/platters - the term fajita, or steak, may or may not be added to the name. These come with trivets - generally wood but a few come with a wicker trivet.

Some are made with no handles, little stubby "pot" type handles, some have a straight pan type handle, some are bent at a 45º angle (like the one with the willow trivet above), and some are bent at an almost 90º angle.

They also make these out of aluminum - but I prefer the ones made from cast iron because they stay hotter longer.

Just Google the different terms/combinations of terms and find what you want at the best price. Also, if you have a local restaurant supply - they might be able to help you if you use the term "sizzle plate".

Hope this helps you find exactly what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom