"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #11
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
An All-Clad two burner griddle is going to set you back a hundred bucks. For less than a hundred bucks (Cuisinart is $94.00 and Wolfgang Puck is $70.00) you can buy a counter top electric grill/griddle with a reversible plate that has much more cooking surface than the stove-top two-burner grill, can be thrown into the dishwasher, and has an adjustible thermostat to set the temperature to EXACTLY the temperature you want.

I have both, and my Lodge two burner grill/griddle has been sitting on the bottom of my oven catching drips for the last three years, while my electric one gets used at least two week-ends a month.

Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #12
Executive Chef
I got a Farberware non-stick double griddle on Amazon for $20 and it works perfectly on my smooth-top range at the coast. This particular griddle is aluminum and has a porcelain finish on the bottom. I checked Amazon just now and they don't have any in stock at the moment, but they have them regularly because I bought a second one for my daughter after I liked mine so much. They do have other similar ones on Amazon but they are more expensive ($40-$50).

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
Assistant Cook
Thanks for all input!

I decided to order the "Chef's Design Ultimate Griddle" from Amazon for $49. It's heavy cast aluminum, with ss reinforcing the non-stick surface. It has good reviews by folks with glass and ceramic stove tops. I'll report back on it once it arrives and I try it out.

rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #14
Executive Chef
Glad you found one, Bob. I checked it at Amazon and it looks great. I like the grease channel. Be sure and leave a review on Amazon, too, after you use yours. I really appreciate being able to read unbiased reviews when I'm buying online.

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote