Doughmaker's brand...anyone with advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nufsed

Assistant Cook
I'v been looking at the Doughmaker's brand of bakeware and wondering if its really 'all that'. Its aluminum bakeware that has an exclusive "pebbled" surface and according to the sellers (the boutique-y specialty cooking stores; You know the places that include the the name "shoppe" as sort of a warning that you'll find 'ye olde high prices' therein...) its the greatest thing since Clabber Girl. The prices are crazy high, but does anyone know if they really perform as advertised? e.g. 9x9x2 pan, $18.
The claims are
1. even browning all over
2. virtually non-stick, but there is no teflon or coating of any kind.

Of course, its aluminum, so its light and wont rust.

Thanks, Ricky
<nufsed>

Many many moons ago I had some cakes pans with a pebbled surface and everything not only stuck to them, but that pebbly surface made it next to impossible to remove whatever was stuck to it.

Stick to STEEL baking pans with a dark surface (better and more even browning), and use PAM for Baking spray-on, or grease and flour (savory) or grease and sugar (sweet) the pans.

A great little baking or cooking coating that I read about in Laurels Kitchen, and have been using with great success ever since, is 50% liquid lecithin and 50% extra virgin olive oil. Y use the extra virgin so it won't go rancid.

You just take a brush and put the slightest of coatings on your cooking surface and it works. 500 ml will seem to last for ever (16oz approximately)

Have fun baking Ricky...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom