"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome to DC Nita9 and Beehappee. A fun place to be.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
Mercola ceramic cookware

My husband bought a set for me as a gift, to replace a Teflon set, after he read of the dangers of Teflon.

Mercola's cookware is, in my opinion, a huge waste of money. A lot of the claims he makes about it are simply untrue:
-it is NOT lightweight - the pieces are extremely heavy (compared to similarly sized Corelle)
-it is NOT non-stick - EVERYTHING I have ever made, sticks & burns (although if you soak it overnight, it cleans fairly easily the next day)
-they DO get scratches and stains

The set is very expensive, and the pieces are fragile. Every piece now has a chip or a crack somewhere, from ordinary use (not dropped - just set down on tile counter or clicked against something. Compared to Corelle, which I can pretty much Frisbee around the kitchen without a care!) The pieces also get very hot, hotter than typical cookware, (which is why foods burn so easily), even on low heat (probably due to the way it retains heat)

The only positive is that the pieces are attractive. They get compliments for looks when I bring a casserole to potluck! Ok, and they do keep heat in, also a plus for potluck.

The fact that some of its features are so blatantly and obviously different than advertised led me to look more into Dr. Mercola. You can do your own research; I found it disturbing. While some of his general health claims may be true, or near true, they are so wrapped in (money-making) crap that the crap casts doubt on everything he says.

And surely the same is true about his cookware; a few possibly true claims embellished with falsehoods.

I do not recommend this cookware. Or anything he sells.

SkateLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
Mercola's Ceramic Cookware

I purchased the cookware several months ago, and it is quite a disappointment. It is very fragile and mysteriously cracks. My daughter is away at college, so I can't blame her for the chips. I am extemely careful with the cookware, which is a lot of work. The pots are small and not suitable if you're cooking for more than one. This was too much money to just throw away.
CinnamonLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef
On the whole, ceramic cookware seems to have man more negative reviews than favorable ones.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote