"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
At $229? Geez, that must be some deal! Does it clean itself when your done?
Haha!!
It should!

Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Check for LeCrueset outlet stores in your area. You can get good deals for cosmetic seconds.

I recommend a 7-qt size. It's jut right for a pot roast or a whole chicken or a pot of chili.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candocook
Be sure you know the shipping costs when ordering from EBay.
I paid $9 for shipping on my Le Creuset from ebay. The seller shipped it parcel post. Sellers should specify their shipping rates, if not, email them and ask them what it it would cost before you bid.

I have seen Le Creuset dutch ovens at the Williams Sonoma Outlet near my home, but the prices were not cheap enough for me. Ditto with the Le Creuset outlet I stopped at in Illinois last year.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #34
Senior Cook

I have had great luck with the Le Creuset outlet near me. I go right to the seconds shelves, and paw through until I find a piece that looks perfect. Then I take it over to the first quality pans to compare it millimeter by millimeter and if I can't find the flaw (which is usually the case) I buy it. Those seconds are already 40% off retail. Throughout the year they have specials for additional 20% and 30% off if you're on their preferred customer list, which brings the prices down even more. The only problem is the colors are limited.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #35
Certified Pretend Chef

At the LeCrueset Outlet Store today, I saw a seconds 7.25 Quart round oven for $186.

Williams-Sonoma wanted $450 for the same item first quality.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #36
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
At the LeCrueset Outlet Store today, I saw a seconds 7.25 Quart round oven for $186.

Williams-Sonoma wanted $450 for the same item first quality.
Fuh fuh four-hundred fifty?!? That is laughable. I found a site online that sells the 7.25qt for $165 with free shipping; 4 or 5 color choices. Something was wrong with their checkout though, might have to call 'em. If anyone is interested PM me for a link.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
Yes, please send to me!!!! I am still going to add an enamled one to my collection as well, but would like to investigate these as well....
Here it is: http://www.thegrillstoreandmore.com/aluminum-dutch-ovens.asp
Nothing fancy, but I guarantee you that my stew from on of these pots is just as good or better than one from somebody's Le Cruset, not that I am against them. Just can't justify spending that kind of money, unless it's a knife.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #38
Senior Cook

Why pay that much for an enamled cast iron dutch oven when you can pick up plain cast iron dutch oven at Bass Pro for under $50, with out legs,that will do the same job and is naturely nonstick?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #39
Senior Cook

Why pay that much for an enamled cast iron dutch oven when you can pick up plain cast iron dutch oven at Bass Pro for under $50, with out legs,that will do the same job and is naturely nonstick?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf
I find that bare cast iron requires more work. And while it's quite serviceable, it's ugly. I like pretty things. So I pay for enameled but never full price!