Emeril Pro-Clad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlbrooks

Assistant Cook
I saw a very nice set of the Emeril Pro-Clad SS cookware today and it says it's made by All-Clad with tri-ply cladding not only on the bottom but up the sides also. Price for a 12 piece set was about 40% of what a comparable package from All-Clad is, ($299 vs $699) Does anyone have any experiance with this product? It does have a lifetime warrenty too.

it is probably as good as any of the other clad products out there made in parts of Asia. May even be slightly better. I have seen it in stores...cuisinart also has a similar line now too.

Thanks Robo, do you know if the Cuisinart product you're talking about is clad up the sides too? The line I've seen was clad on the bottom only.

Cuisinart makes both types. 'Clad' usually refers to pans that are triple ply or more for the entire pan, not just a disk on the bottom.

Thanks for the quick responses. I've been sitting and doing some online research on clad cookware and there are a LOT of different manufacturers. Besides the more popular ones already mentioned I've noticed that WalMart, JC Penny and Costco all have their own lines of clad cookware. It seems that reviews are fairly favorable for most. Does anyone know of ones that they would specifically avoid?

Thanks for the quick responses. I've been sitting and doing some online research on clad cookware and there are a LOT of different manufacturers. Besides the more popular ones already mentioned I've noticed that WalMart, JC Penny and Costco all have their own lines of clad cookware. It seems that reviews are fairly favorable for most. Does anyone know of ones that they would specifically avoid?

I have a set of Costco tri-ply I bought a number of years ago. It's been excellent.

I recently saw a new tri-ply set in Costco that looked excellent and had an unbeatable price. If I was looking for cookware, I'd buy that one in a heartbeat.

Did you see these in-store or on-line? A lot of what they have on-line isn't available in their stores.

some of these lines have limited size options, so check that out. If you are buying a set because uniformity is important to you, that may make a difference in what brand you buy.

i really don't see the need for tri-clad skillets.now a dutch oven or sauce pans would be differrant.i have been using a set of anodized aluminum "magni-lite ghc,usa. i bought the set at a flea market 34 years ago.they were used.i paid $75.00 for them.they are still performing perfect.discolored but perfect.i have a complete set of c.i . skillets from 14" to 6"
,griddles and2 dutch ovens.i do have 1 ,12"ss encapsulated bottom type skillet.works great.buy what you like and have fun.shiny doesn't taste any better.... MANGA

i really don't see the need for tri-clad skillets.now a dutch oven or sauce pans would be differrant.i have been using a set of anodized aluminum "magni-lite ghc,usa. i bought the set at a flea market 34 years ago.they were used.i paid $75.00 for them.they are still performing perfect.discolored but perfect.i have a complete set of c.i . skillets from 14" to 6"
,griddles and2 dutch ovens.i do have 1 ,12"ss encapsulated bottom type skillet.works great.buy what you like and have fun.shiny doesn't taste any better.... MANGA

If you have anodized aluminum and cast iron you don't also need tri-ply SS cookware. But, if you have tri-ply SS cookware, you really don't need anodized aluminum and CI. It's all a matter of preference.

I really do like cast iron but we have a ceramic top stove, (hate it!) and cast iron doesn't work very well on it, at least not for me. I'll have to wait for my next house to do a gas stove in the kitchen. Although I have been known to break out the Camp Chef propane stove on the back deck when the weather is nice.

I've use cast iron on my ceramic stove regularly for 12 years and it works great. Just be careful not to drag it.

If you are looking at All Clad -- go to Cookware and More's website and consider buying individual pieces that have cosmetic defects. Usually they are imperceptable and they are offered at big discounts -- plus they have sales on top of the discounts a few times a year.

I have 2 Emerilware skillets that I got at the WS Outlet store for a song (like $15) and I have no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom