"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef
Originally Posted by derbywolff View Post
i really don't see the need for tri-clad skillets.now a dutch oven or sauce pans would be differrant.i have been using a set of anodized aluminum "magni-lite ghc,usa. i bought the set at a flea market 34 years ago.they were used.i paid $75.00 for them.they are still performing perfect.discolored but perfect.i have a complete set of c.i . skillets from 14" to 6"
,griddles and2 dutch ovens.i do have 1 ,12"ss encapsulated bottom type skillet.works great.buy what you like and have fun.shiny doesn't taste any better.... MANGA
If you have anodized aluminum and cast iron you don't also need tri-ply SS cookware. But, if you have tri-ply SS cookware, you really don't need anodized aluminum and CI. It's all a matter of preference.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
I really do like cast iron but we have a ceramic top stove, (hate it!) and cast iron doesn't work very well on it, at least not for me. I'll have to wait for my next house to do a gas stove in the kitchen. Although I have been known to break out the Camp Chef propane stove on the back deck when the weather is nice.

tlbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Master Chef
I've use cast iron on my ceramic stove regularly for 12 years and it works great. Just be careful not to drag it.

If you are looking at All Clad -- go to Cookware and More's website and consider buying individual pieces that have cosmetic defects. Usually they are imperceptable and they are offered at big discounts -- plus they have sales on top of the discounts a few times a year.

I have 2 Emerilware skillets that I got at the WS Outlet store for a song (like $15) and I have no complaints.

Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote