"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Emeril Pro-Clad?

I saw a very nice set of the Emeril Pro-Clad SS cookware today and it says it's made by All-Clad with tri-ply cladding not only on the bottom but up the sides also. Price for a 12 piece set was about 40% of what a comparable package from All-Clad is, ($299 vs $699) Does anyone have any experiance with this product? It does have a lifetime warrenty too.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
Executive Chef

it is probably as good as any of the other clad products out there made in parts of Asia. May even be slightly better. I have seen it in stores...cuisinart also has a similar line now too.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thanks Robo, do you know if the Cuisinart product you're talking about is clad up the sides too? The line I've seen was clad on the bottom only.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Cuisinart makes both types. 'Clad' usually refers to pans that are triple ply or more for the entire pan, not just a disk on the bottom.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the quick responses. I've been sitting and doing some online research on clad cookware and there are a LOT of different manufacturers. Besides the more popular ones already mentioned I've noticed that WalMart, JC Penny and Costco all have their own lines of clad cookware. It seems that reviews are fairly favorable for most. Does anyone know of ones that they would specifically avoid?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbrooks View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. I've been sitting and doing some online research on clad cookware and there are a LOT of different manufacturers. Besides the more popular ones already mentioned I've noticed that WalMart, JC Penny and Costco all have their own lines of clad cookware. It seems that reviews are fairly favorable for most. Does anyone know of ones that they would specifically avoid?
I have a set of Costco tri-ply I bought a number of years ago. It's been excellent.

I recently saw a new tri-ply set in Costco that looked excellent and had an unbeatable price. If I was looking for cookware, I'd buy that one in a heartbeat.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Did you see these in-store or on-line? A lot of what they have on-line isn't available in their stores.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbrooks View Post
Did you see these in-store or on-line? A lot of what they have on-line isn't available in their stores.
I saw it in store in NH about three months ago. I also saw it on line but it's not there now.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Executive Chef

some of these lines have limited size options, so check that out. If you are buying a set because uniformity is important to you, that may make a difference in what brand you buy.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

i really don't see the need for tri-clad skillets.now a dutch oven or sauce pans would be differrant.i have been using a set of anodized aluminum "magni-lite ghc,usa. i bought the set at a flea market 34 years ago.they were used.i paid $75.00 for them.they are still performing perfect.discolored but perfect.i have a complete set of c.i . skillets from 14" to 6"
,griddles and2 dutch ovens.i do have 1 ,12"ss encapsulated bottom type skillet.works great.buy what you like and have fun.shiny doesn't taste any better.... MANGA