Enamel Cast Iron Dutch Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VitaWright

Cook
Has anyone had any experience with enamel cast iron DO's other than Le Creuset? I am looking for one as a gift. The one at Sam's Club is very affordable. Seems like it's a Lodge but I can't remember. Looking for a decent sized one under or right around $100. Thanks for any suggestions!!

Vita

I have both Le Creuset and Staub. Both are good, but I think the Staub products are a cut above. Amazon carries them, but they're a little more than you say you want to spend, more in the $150 to $200 range. But that includes shipping, and there's no tax. If you can justify the cost, you won't be disappointed.

Amazon.com: staub dutch oven

p.s. -- QVC sells Staub, but it's a lower quality product.

Lodge cast iron products have a good reputation in general but I don't have specific info on the enameled stuff. The 7 Qt. DO is well over $150. so your $100 gift idea may not be feasible.

Straub Le Creuset and Lamont have good reputations and are pricey. Their enameling is well made. Many others are lesser quality and the enameling chips easily. I've had personal issues with the copco line of Mario Batali and the look alikes sold at Marshalls and TJ max. Lodge is a great company, but their enameled cast iron is made in Asia. I have not had any expereince with it.

Back
Top Bottom