"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by lewismalpas View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone, I've been reading up on non-stick vs uncoated stainless steel so I let you know which pans I decide to invest in.
Good luck with your choices. I am in the process of changing pans after 20 odd years as I have gone from gas (Mostly copper) to induction (Off topic: Do it - Go for it - Induction is God given cooking - I am in LUUUUUV! - the control is astounding as is the Pau-e).

Being in Belgium I have focussed on Belgian brands, in particular the enormous range from Demeyere. So far I have a couple of "Industry" small pans, an Atlantis sauciere (Truly wonderful on induction - instant reaction to heat changes and boils a litre of water in just over two minutes) and the piece de resistance an Apollo multifunction pan. I was very dubious but in three days I have used it for so many different things (Cooking duck breasts, making a gooey sauce, mini potato rostis and a few other things) that it is the one pan that will never leave my kitchen.

Buy slowly, but buy good stuff - Brands like Demeyere use stainless multi ply clad pans (e.g. the Atlantis sauciere is 7 ply) and you should try to get pans you will use. Buy the cheapest stock pots but the best for frying and sauce making. I still use Tefal non-stick frying pans for every day - cheap and you change them every few years - makes sense to me but I still love that Demeyere multifunction pan at 5 times the price

Badgerh is offline   Reply With Quote