Everyday pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That didn't take long. I think it will work for me.
The bottom flat area is only 6-1/4", due to it being "wok style", but the sides slope of gradually so it should work. It fits flat in my sink in case I need to soak it, too :) which is good because it's not dishwasher safe. For some reason it's oven safe to 375F though.... :huh:
I can't wait to try it out on a few things that my other pans just don't seem to "fit" what I'm cooking. It seems very well made with a tight fitting lid and comfortable handle.

The 375° for oven use is because of the silicone on the handle which as you've stated are really nice.
On the stove top it's good up too 500°.

Someone else mentioned chicken fryer.
What makes one pan a chicken fryer and another a saute pan? I cook my fried chicken in a pan called a saute pan..... I brown it with the lid off, turn down the heat and put the lid on, then the lid comes off again to crisp it up. What have I been missing? ;)

When I hear chicken fryer I think of something like a high sided 10" saute pan.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized 63345-26H a 4.5 Quart Saute Open with Helper Handle and Cover: Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com: Anolon 5 Quart 11-Inch Sauteuse with Glass Lid: Kitchen & Dining

or if you need bigger

Amazon.com: Anolon Titanium Non Stick Dishwasher Safe 8-Quart Wide Stockpot with Lid: Kitchen & Dining

The 375° for oven use is because of the silicone on the handle which as you've stated are really nice.
On the stove top it's good up too 500°.

I guess the part I don't understand is why can it withstand the heat of an oven, but not a dishwasher? Why are some pans not dishwasher safe?
At any rate it's a great pan.

I guess the part I don't understand is why can it withstand the heat of an oven, but not a dishwasher? Why are some pans not dishwasher safe?
At any rate it's a great pan.

It's because of the chemicals used for cleaning that get combined with the heat. The heat itself isn't bad as you've noticed, but heated water loaded with harsh chemicals is a combination that can damage the non-stick coating.

, but heated water loaded with harsh chemicals is a combination that can damage the non-stick coating.

Interesting... thanks for the head's up! I always thought it had to do with the plastic (or whatever) handles.....

I put my SS clad cookware in the DW depending on how soiled it is.

You may have noticed that bare aluminum comes out of the DW black. Chemicals in the detergent react with th aluminum to turn it black.

Back
Top Bottom