"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Farberware Cookware

theres a $20 rebate for a $40 purchase on amazon.com by dec 4, so 2 more days!!! i'm thinking of buying their bakeware since i really dont hv that many at home..

i need:
jelly roll pan
cookie sheet

i already hv but kinda want:
round cake pan
some pretty cake/muffin/bundt cake pan

any comments/opinions on their products?! they seem to be a decent brand, w/ reasonable prices their stuffs dont stick or rust or anything right? thanks for the help in advance!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

hey guys i hv a question.. if in the item description, it doesnt say "nonstick", does that mean its not nonstick?! cuz here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507

it doesnt say.. n i really really need a loaf pan to make pound cake! need u guy's help! thanks!

Old 12-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

hirokei, from the link you've provided, it does say that it is non-stick, both inside and out in the product description. clink the secondary link for product description.
sorry i can't be of any help with the farberware. i've never owned any.
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I think this is good brandname if you want something on the cheap side of things.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

hey everyone! i received my items from amazon.com already! i made cranberry orange loaf w/ my 9 x 5 loaf pan today. i greased my pan with very very very little butter, almost none, and the bread popped right out! it doesnt stick at all and its sooooo nice. i love it!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Faberware

I received this brand of pots and pans when I got married and have not had any other since. LONG TIME. What kind of brands do you prefer? I didn't know they were considered cheap. They have held up long time. I was thinking of getting new ones which ones would you recommend? I don't want ones with a non stick coating on them. Appreciate your opinions.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
I received this brand of pots and pans when I got married and have not had any other since. LONG TIME. What kind of brands do you prefer? I didn't know they were considered cheap. They have held up long time. I was thinking of getting new ones which ones would you recommend? I don't want ones with a non stick coating on them. Appreciate your opinions.
ITK:

My first set of pots and pans was Farberware, it's all I could afford. They are sturdy and held up well. My daughter is now using them.

I switched to different brands of tri-ply stainless steel. I have some All-Clad, some LeGourmet, tramontina and claphalon. They are all good brands and vary widely in price.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
Executive Chef

If you want stainless steel.

Emerilware is good. 10 piece set for 200 bucks. Buy set now and get a free piece of cookware buy mail.

Kitchenaid 10 piece set from Target for 150 bucks.

YOU DO not need to spend 400 bucks on a set of cookware to have a quality set of cookware.

You can skip the highend All-Clad, Anolon, Calphalon stuff.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Thanks

Pots and pans are always needed today but since it is Christmas have to put it on hold till after New Year. I will take all your suggestions and make a choice. Thanks for all your input. Talking to the salespeople only confuses the issue. What is your thoughts about being on sale, now or later? Guess like me you have to take a chance. thanks for sharing the brands you prefer.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #10
Master Chef

Cookware is always on sale somewhere, so my advice is never buy it at full price.
And only buy a set if you are sure you'll get lots of use out of each and every piece.

Good cookware is worth the $$. IMO it's worth the extra $$ to buy a fully clad pan rather than something like Emerilware, which is not fully clad and for which you are paying a "celebrity" premium.

Discount sites often offer good deals on "cosmetic seconds." That's what I usually try to buy when I can find it.

Amazon often has huge discounts on very nice cookware by the piece.