"Friday Sale" on Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Hey, everyone! I was just grazing the Friday Sale on Amazon. For anyone interested, they have a 12-inch Calphalon commercial, hard-anodized everyday pan with lid for $22.99. The list on this little goodie is $168. Just thought I would pass this little tidbit on. Save on!!!

Thanks Katie! That is a great price. I have a similar Calphalon pan that I absolutely love. It is one of my most used pieces.

Well I don't really have any room for another pan. Oh wait actually, if i buy this then my wife will leave me so I guess that would free up some space.

Do you know if this pan would work for the New York Times No-Knead Recipe?

GB said:
Well I don't really have any room for another pan. Oh wait actually, if i buy this then my wife will leave me so I guess that would free up some space.

OOOOPS! Never mind!

GB said:

Do you keep her in a kitchen cabinet?

Aria said:
Do you know if this pan would work for the New York Times No-Knead Recipe?
It might work, but it also might not. It is possible it is not tall enough, but for the price you almost can't go wrong.

I cook my NY no knead bread at 500 degrees, but this pan is only oven safe to 450. i know most people do cook theirs at 450 though so that should not be an issue at least.

Was a good enough deal for me, i've been looking for a pan that size anyhow.

I skipped on the 12qt stockpot this week, may look at it as an option another time.

GB said:
It might work, but it also might not. It is possible it is not tall enough, but for the price you almost can't go wrong.

I cook my NY no knead bread at 500 degrees, but this pan is only oven safe to 450. i know most people do cook theirs at 450 though so that should not be an issue at least.

Altho amazon states 450° the Calphalon Commercial hard anodized is good to 700°.

The Calphalon Commercial HA nonstick is only good to 450°.

I also have this one and the nonstick version of it.

Amazon.com: Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 9-Inch, 2-Quart Chef's Skillet with Lid: Kitchen & Housewares

Thanks. I checked the site and I don't think this pot is tall enough for the Bread.

I haven't read all the posts, but I do know this pan. Won't work for the no-knead bread recipe. It will work for a paella pan, among other things. I have given this pan to about 6 folks over the last couple of years. It is a really nice little pan for that price!!
It is also usually on sale on Amazon for a great price almost every week. The Friday Sale is just not what it used to be. Be sure to check the Outlet and Today's Deals. Also, on the Friday Sale, not everything is listed on the first page. At the top, you have to click on various other "categories".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom