Fry pan - What size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I have an old T-Fal fry pan that measures 7 in across the top and 5-1/2 across the bottom. What size would that be considered? I want to order a new one in a different brand, preferably to match my Cuisinart Chef's Classic pans, but all I can seem to find in non-stick stainless is 8". Have pans changed sizes over the years and maybe this is one not offered anymore? It was the perfect size for two sunny side up eggs.

Hey thanks! I thought I went through all their pans last night, but it seemed like Amazon rearranged their cookware dept a bit and I admit I was having trouble navigating it. Too bad it's "unavailable", but at least I know they make them. I even searched 7 in fry pans and all I came up with was a CI one.
You da man, UB!

I would consider that a small skillet. I love my 10" and 12" cast irons.. You have room to get to the food.

That'll work, Bob. And it's not 80 bucks like the all-clads.. sheesh. Gonna get that ordered today :)

It is a small pan, Jeff. That's why I like it so much. Two eggs go in and take up the whole cooking surface. When I used to buy eggs and get runny whites, the sides of the pan held them together. A small pot lid fits well on it to cook the top faster. Then the eggs slide right out. No other utensils needed. Well, they used to slide right out.... that's why I'm looking for another one. Works well for single hamburger patties, also. I get a lot of use out of mine.

My 25 year old T-Fal cookware is kicking the bucket one by one :LOL:
The saute pan, now three fry pans, I imagine the pots I use most often will start going soon, too.

Where at? The three places I found them were all 75 - 85. Unless they went on sale after I looked.... They look a bit more like my current cookware.

I got mine through Amazon. The little skillet and the little saucepan are very often on sale.

Snoop around via google and see if you can find them. I will too.

Seems to be a thing of the past, even from T-Fal, the original maker. Maybe that's why all the non-stick ones I find, except for the one you posted a link to, are priced a little high for me. I thought I saw a regular 7" pan, but I don't remember where now. Sorry

Not a problem...I can buy a car load of the 7 in plain models from a Restaurant Supply..I want some of the $19.95 or less All-Clad ones.. (not the non stick ones) In fact I'll take three!!

I gotta make it back to their site tonight and find something else I need. $40 minimum, so I need to get more than the pan.
And I don't want three (lol)

Check your local TJX-store for bargains. I seem to recall one of the stores near me having small All-Clad nonstick skillets for $20. Might've been eight inch. Who can remember?

Woo-Hoo! I got my 7" fry pan in just now, UB, from the link you gave me. Just what the Dr ordered for my 'two eggs on a slice of bread' in the morning. I was getting a little tired of having to use a spatula to keep them from getting "too big" in my 10" skillet. Sure wish I knew why these little guys are so hard to come by.....
And, since it didn't meet the minimum order they had, I also ordered a dozen 23oz beer glasses :) They came in today, too. One package from FedEx, one from UPS :wacko:

I'll be frying eggs and drinking beer later tonight :LOL:
Just kidding.... maybe.....

Back
Top Bottom