Gordon Ramsay "Cookware"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Last night on Hell's Kitchen, Chef Ramsay gave cookware set w/his name on it to the remaining contestants on the show. What is your opinion of them? I looked them up on Yahoo and about medium price range. How much faith you have in his cookware? do you think he would put his name on something that is considered second rate? Just curious about your opinions. Certainly surprised me about him promoting his cookware.

Does every single celebrity chef have to have a line of cookware out????

His cookware is beautiful. It is very classic in looks and practical and has nice straight sides and heavy bottoms. My favourite gourmet shop carried it.......for 5 weeks. Then she sold it out at 70% off because no one wanted it, even though it wasn't all that expensive in comparison to others. I got a little simmer pot and use it for clarifying butter. (I got it because it was cute and 70% off, not because it was Ramsay).

My opinion is just use stuff from Wal-mart in the meantime and save up for pieces from Le Creuset, Calphalon, All-clad and Falk Culinar.

It looks like decent triply cookware. It's very expensive.

Yes on both counts. The little (and I mean little pot with no lid that I bought was regular $45 but as it was 70% off, I got it for $13.50. I think that is about it's true worth without the Ramsay name :LOL:.

As I said above, I liked the price, I liked the pot. I'll buy a bargain no matter whose name is on it.

Last edited:
Does it yell obscenities at you while you are cooking; and call you "Stupid Cow"?
(hee hee). My first post - could not resist.

Not commenting on Ramsay's cookware, but many chefs have put their names on less than wonderful cookware, beginning with Puck and Lagasse, followed by Oliver, Batali, Ray Dean et al. Look where it is made and what it is made of and compare it to All CLad, Le Creuset, Mauviel, DuBuyer, etc.

In general, you get what you pay for. But also, depending on how you cook, you may find a bargain priced product just fine.

I believe celebrity chefs will put their name on anything someone pays them to put their name on. Does anyone here have a $20 Rachel Ray bowl to put garbage in? I didn't think so.
A few years ago I saw a cast iron skillet with Emerill's name on it. The handle was a short iron tang with a wood handle stuck on it, like a mill file. I easily pulled it off in the store, I'm sure it wouldn't last long in use.
In any case, I haven't see Ramsey cookware. But then I have maybe $150 total in every pot, pan, skillet and griddle I own.

Back
Top Bottom